Viper Gaming Launches Venom DDR5 Memory Kits, including 32 GB DDR5-6200 with RGB for $379.99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Viper, the gaming brand of Patriot, has launched its latest high-performance memory in the form of Viper Venom DDR5.

Go to post

400 bucks... wow... I guess that's... I don't even know. DDR5 is all over the place.

400 bucks... wow... I guess that's... I don't even know. DDR5 is all over the place.
I looked around Newegg for a minute, and Patriot is definitely pricing these aggressively.

If you want some honest to goodness sticker shock, go check out G.SKill or Corsair :ROFLMAO:

[remember that we're still smarting from the PMIC shortage, DDR5 is still new and demand hasn't really had time to really drive supply planning, and so on - prices are already coming down a bit - also, 2 x 16GB is currently the only really viable DDR5 configuration, and that has to factor in to supply / demand forecasting as well]

Timing 40-40-40-76

Meh. It took a while, but we went from DDR3 1600 CAS 9 to DDR4 3200 CAS 14. Let me know when we get to DDR5 6400 CAS 28-30.

Let me know when we get to DDR5 6400 CAS 28-30.
That's already been done on dual-slot boards - it's tighter than current XMP settings available, but certainly achievable. Once we get 13th gen / Zen 4, we may be able to run those speeds reliably across the platforms. Every Intel 'Z' and AMD 'X' board should be able to run at those speeds, IMO.

Become a Patron!
Back