Windows Notepad News?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
What program do you use a lot that gets no love?

If you are thinking Windows Notepad then you are weird and right at the same time!

Whoda thought that regular old notepad would be getting some lovin? Microsoft is apparently moving it to the Windows Store so it can get more updates done without including them in the Windows Patches in the new 18963. Way more important than even them adding GPU temp monitoring and being able to rename the Virtual Desktops in Windows.

The Windows Preview Build 18963 does ad a ton more features but what can be more important than Notepad?

Link for All Features

Kind of a weird app to decide to update after all this time. Not sure I see the point really. When I want fancy notes I use OneNote. I use notepad when I want the simplicity or a quick way to get to plaintext. Here's hoping they don't go all calc on us lol

The #1 requested feature (by me) I'd like to see in future Windows patches is stop breaking crap.

Not sure I'll see that, but it's a dream I have.

New Notepad - sure. Ok.

What program do you use a lot that gets no love?

If you are thinking Windows Notepad then you are weird and right at the same time!

Whoda thought that regular old notepad would be getting some lovin? Microsoft is apparently moving it to the Windows Store so it can get more updates done without including them in the Windows Patches in the new 18963. Way more important than even them adding GPU temp monitoring and being able to rename the Virtual Desktops in Windows.

The Windows Preview Build 18963 does ad a ton more features but what can be more important than Notepad?

Link for All Features
Is it going my to finally support linux newlines? I use notepad daily, but I have having to open a file in wordpad, save it (so it puts windows new lines), and reopen in notepad. Such a basic feature that's been missing for years.

First there is a 3d accelerated command line, and now a new notepad?! WHAT NEXT?!

Become a Patron!
Back