Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launching a Day Early on PC, but without Ray Tracing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bethesda hasn't specified why, but Wolfenstein: Youngblood will be released on PC a day ahead of its original July 26 launch date.

The follow-up to 2017's The New Colossus will let gamers kick Nazi *** once again, but this time as franchise hero BJ Blazkowicz's twin daughters, Jessica and Sophia, both of whom sport Da'at Yichud Power Suits granting stealth and other nifty powers.

VentureBeat spoke with Executive Producer Jerk Gustafsson and learned that the game will not feature ray tracing when it launches on Thursday, but RTX support is coming eventually.

We’re working together with Nvidia on that, but raytracing won’t be available at launch. The engineers at Nvidia are still hard at work getting that solution to look as good as possible for the game, and the date is still to be determined. But from what we’ve seen so far, it’ll be good.

Looking forward to this but I probably won't get day one. I'll give it some time for a sale and read thru the reviews. Still haven't played New Colossus so that it'll likely happen first.

I haven't bought nor played a Wolfenstein game since RTCW...18 years ago (and I still occasionally fire it up).

Man, I really need to start buying up these sequels!

I haven't bought nor played a Wolfenstein game since RTCW...18 years ago (and I still occasionally fire it up).

Man, I really need to start buying up these sequels!
I haven't played it since the original 8 bit Atari 400 days but I have kept a close eye on Doom/Quake era versions along with the most recent series. Some have had mixed feelings about the more recent stories but the graphics have overall been pretty good.

Anyone bite on W:YB yet?

Steam shows a rating of 6/10 (74% Metacritic), but I much prefer feedback and testimony from fellow tech forum members and long-time franchise fans.

A lot of "oh my god there's women!!!" leading to negative reviews. I'm probably gonna wait until the dust settles and get it on a sale.

I saw a review on it show casing how bad the game is. I'm going to avoid it unless it gets dirt cheap.
Read a review on DSOG that wasn't too promising either. It get's points for the engine but otherwise had minimal positives.

A lot of "oh my god there's women!!!" leading to negative reviews. I'm probably gonna wait until the dust settles and get it on a sale.

Yeah there's the usual people jumping on the bandwagon for that but I've got to give credit to John P. for getting that out of the way in the intro to his reviews. His only concern was whether or not the game was good and worth the money. Ultimately, no. Here's the link.

"Let me begin this review by saying the following: I play video games in order to be entertained (well…it’s also my job, but anyway). I don’t care about politics, agendas, races, sexes or whatever else that has nothing to do with gaming. Gaming is my hobby, and I am happy I can do this professionally. Having said that, my goal is to let you know whether a game is worth your hard-earned money or not. With this out of the way, let’s continue. "

Become a Patron!
Back