Worlds First Stock Watercooled M.2 PCIE SSD Drive!

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Whats a bit of water on your drives going to do?

If you are most people it would kill the drive… BUT if you are Teamgroup you have one kick *** looking and performing SSD drive!

They slapped a water cooled heatsink on it and called it a day.

Features

• World’s first water cooling M.2 solid state drive.
  • Superior performance – read speed up to 3400 MB/s[1] which can improve the speed and performance of the overall system.
  • Support latest NVMe1.3 protocol.
  • Support S.M.A.R.T./TRIM technology – monitoring hard drive status efficiently and bring out its best performance.
  • Structure design is a combination of craftsmanship and fashion.
  • Product warranty – 3 years product warranty. Free technical support service.Teamgroup
It looks darned impressive. So who is going to be the first here to buy one?

Thanks to Alxlwson of our forums for the heads up!

Last edited:
is it self contained? I don't see fitting holes on it.

Looks like it's just still water in there that you can fill up if it evaporates somehow. So for long, sustained writing I feel like this isn't going to be all that useful since the water will just keep heating up.

Looks like it's just still water in there that you can fill up if it evaporates somehow. So for long, sustained writing I feel like this isn't going to be all that useful since the water will just keep heating up.
We shall find out.

But doesn't it look bad ***?

Nothing like a sauna in your PC.

I want one to test.

There is a screw plug on the end to change the liquid.

So it makes hot water? I like the idea, just expected more for drawing the heat away.

I know with some of the current Generation of SSD Drives you actually reduce performance as you cool them down. Will the fps Review team be doing a review of this one?

It's hard to say. If so, one of the other guys might have to tackle that. Right now I've got my plate full with CPU's and motherboards. If I tackle that subject, it will have to be in a few weeks when I've had a chance to work through the back log. That said, if we can obtain a sample of it, I'm more than happy to do a review on one.

Yea I think it would be interesting.

Over cooling an NVME drive can reduce your performance so keep that in mind folks.

And no I don't know the science behind that statement either. Just something I picked up. I wonder if without active cooling that would even be an issue.

Yea I think it would be interesting.

Over cooling an NVME drive can reduce your performance so keep that in mind folks.

And no I don't know the science behind that statement either. Just something I picked up. I wonder if without active cooling that would even be an issue.

Well, the idea is that it prevents the thermal throttling that can occur in some situations where M.2 drives are over exposed to heat. It's one of the many drawbacks of the form factor. That said, I have never encountered this personally.

Well, the idea is that it prevents the thermal throttling that can occur in some situations where M.2 drives are over exposed to heat. It's one of the many drawbacks of the form factor. That said, I have never encountered this personally.

Sam here I think you would need some sort of active cooler to get into a performance range that would be felt when using an NVMe drive.

Become a Patron!
Back