Xbox Series X Launching This November

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-series-x-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

How would you like a side of Xbox with your turkey this Thanksgiving? Microsoft has confirmed that its flagship next-gen console, the Xbox Series X, will be available to buy sometime in November. While the company didn’t reveal an exact release date, we’re presuming that it’ll hit retailers by the end of that month, which is when the holiday shopping season typically begins (good luck finding one).

“There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year,” wrote Microsoft. “And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to...

Continue reading...

Trying to beat Sony to the punch, eh? PS5 is supposed to launch 11/20/2020 @ $499.... let's see what MS comes back with.

I also assume the available inventory will be low to start, either by production limits or by design to drive up desire? When is the last time we saw people literally camping in line at Best Buy in tents for a console? PS3? OTOH, MS has never been that coy about inventory. I believe they prefer overkill to stealthiness.

And 343i just announced that Infinite was pushed back to 2021.

Yep I think both consoles are going to launch without solid launch titles. Kind of like having a beautiful Christmas tree with no presents under it. Except Resogun 2 : The wrath of Resogun! (I made that up)

Yep I think both consoles are going to launch without solid launch titles. Kind of like having a beautiful Christmas tree with no presents under it. Except Resogun 2 : The wrath of Resogun! (I made that up)
Ja, the lineup of titles for the launch of this gen was really lackluster. It really doesn't bother me anymore. For this upcoming gen we don't know yet what the launch titles will be for either system. There was a posting on GT Planet that pointed to Gran Turismo 7 possibly being a launch title for the PS5, which will be fantastic if true. Can't think of anything that could possibly be a system seller for Xbox.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-launch-ps5-20200729/

My first real, new console (not a used one) was a Nintendo 64 I got Christmas of 1996. Sadly, I had to wait till the next day (or day after, I forget) until I could play it because none of our TVs had the correct hookup for the N64.

So yeah. I had a beautiful Nintendo 64 with Mario 64 sitting in my room that I couldn't use.

My first real, new console (not a used one) was a Nintendo 64 I got Christmas of 1996. Sadly, I had to wait till the next day (or day after, I forget) until I could play it because none of our TVs had the correct hookup for the N64.

So yeah. I had a beautiful Nintendo 64 with Mario 64 sitting in my room that I couldn't use.

That is brutal! Nowadays stuff is open on holidays, but I remember back in the day when Christmas day was a ghost town... I think only the movie theaters were open.

That is brutal! Nowadays stuff is open on holidays, but I remember back in the day when Christmas day was a ghost town... I think only the movie theaters were open.

Could always get Chinese takeout on Christmas as well.

Become a Patron!
Back