XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 319 BLACK RX 6700 XT Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner2.jpg

Introduction

Want to know what the top-of-the-line Radeon RX 6700 XT video card XFX has to offer?  We’ve got the fastest, the beefiest, the SPEEDSTER of them all from XFX, the XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT BLACK Gaming Graphics Card with 12GB of GDDR6 for review today.

This video card carries one of the longest product description names we’ve probably ever seen.  Here is the complete product description and this is no joke:  XFX SPEEDSTER MERC319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT BLACK Gaming Graphics Card with 12GB GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP, AMD RDNA 2.  Even the “short description” is as so: XFX SPEEDSTER MERC319 AMD Radeon RX...

Continue reading...

Thanks for the review. Any idea if this would be a worthy upgrade to my current card, a Vega 56? (Assuming I could get it close to MSRP)

I would say it would be, as long as you one close to MSRP. Looks to be a pretty nice card.

I don't get it either. Are they amazing miners or something?
I don't think they are great at mining. Someone smarter than me will have to figure it out. All I can think of is supply/demand.

I don't think they are great at mining. Someone smarter than me will have to figure it out. All I can think of is supply/demand.
Yeah I don't get it... seems if it were Supply / Demand you'd have the 3070 price way over 6700... the 3070 is generally a better card. Even if the availabilities are all skewed, I can't see why anyone would pay more for a 6700 than a 3070 even if there are 10x more 3070's than 6700's on availability.

"Hash profitability" (https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/)

6700 - $2.95 / day
3070 - $4.04 / day

Hmm, that seems to point to the 3070 being the better miner.

This site seems to pan the 3070 as being pretty much better in nearly all currencies than the 6700:

So idk... Maybe those sites are all bunk - I don't mine so I don't really know. None of them that I came across talk about either of these cards being particularly fantastic for mining though, but they do seem to point to the 3070 being the better card between just the two.

Gamers would almost universally rather have a 3070 - it's on par for rastering and power, faster in RT, has DLSS, MSRP is virtually the same, and current street price is way lower.

So yeah - I can't understand it. Maybe people just think it's better because of the higher price, and don't look into it too much because it seems to scale according to street 6800 prices?

Thanks, @Brent_Justice for the great review. It's always nice to hear about a partner card whose custom cooling and factory overclocks produce such impressive results.

Become a Patron!
Back