ZOTAC-GeForce RTX 3070 TWIN EDGE OC crashing

Denpepe

FPS Regular
So I'm a bit puzzled here, I got a few seemingly random freezes/crashes while watching video on my new card, be it youtube or netfliw, the computer will resume work after a couple seconds like nothing has happened except netflix which I need to close and restart.

I can play games without issue fine so far, I already used DDU to nuke my drivers and do a clean instal to no availl. I would assume that gaming would be a lot harder then some silly videoplayback so not sure what the deal is, anyone heard anything?

My google fu seems to not give me any answers.

Sounds like the driver is crashing and resetting (Win10 can reset a driver without a BSOD sometimes)

Does the Event log have any info?

I assume that that is what is happening, but not sure how to prevent it from happening again I got error 7023 and 7031 with below message (it's in dutch btw)

"De NVIDIA LocalSystem Container-service is gestopt met de volgende foutcode:
Een algemeen uitvoerbaar bestand heeft een resultaat geretourneerd dat een probleem aangeeft.."

Usually that means there's instability somewhere. Are you overclocking the card? Try reducing clocks a little, bump voltage up.

What are the specs on the rest of the system?

What are the specs on the rest of the system?

I9 9900K, Asus maximus XI hero, 32 GB G skill trident Z 3200 Mhz RAM (4x8 GB), Seasonic prime 650w titanium PSU, half a dozen SSD's
Also a Asus PG279Q and a Asus PB278 monitor.

The card is the OC model, I did not change anything to it running stock out of the box.

System was rock solid with the RTX 2080 which is all I changed.

I installed the new driver today, see if that will help

I installed the new driver today, see if that will help

I had quite a few issues with CTD in many games with the driver before the latest, it would work for like 20 min and out of nowhere back to desktop without any errors. Nothing on the logs that could help, thankfully a hotfix fixed the issue and the latest driver is working just fine.

Well it happened again, will see if I can run some different games to test, so far wow, apex legends, divison2 an borderlands3 all run fine, crashed using youtube of all things again.

Really sounds like a driver thing. Not that any card other than an AMD can have driver issues...

Is a full rebuild of the OS an option? I mean, as a last resort?

It is but I'd rather avoid that, it's mostly a gaming pc and most games are of different disks then the OS but still a pain to get everything good again.
May try another DDU again, will see how it goes, might test it in my backup pc to see.

Well, 3080's showed up and I managed to grab one, it arrived today, will see how that goes, done a DDU via safe mode.

Anyone want a 3070? :p

Seems fine for now, I did do the DDU via safemode and I also changed my PSU to a seasonic 850W for the 3080

Become a Patron!
Back