Recent content by Brian_B

  1. Brian_B

    Strap Yourselves In and Prepare a Restore Image Because Windows 11 26H2 Has Arrived

    Gotta admit that caught my eye too and I haven’t touched an MMO is years
  2. Brian_B

    NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang Confirms Blackwell Successor, Rubin, During Unannounced Trip to TSMC

    This has been the case for … over a decade now But AMD keeps playing that $1 less crap
  3. Brian_B

    Sony Wants to Make It Easier for You to Pay by Adding Credit Card Processing to Its Controllers

    Well, it's already been possible on the phone for years now. Why not your game controller too? Guy at work recently got hit for $300 on Roblox because his 5 year old held his phone up to his face while he was sleeping on the couch to unlock some payment there. Or at least that's the story, and...
  4. Brian_B

    Valve Could Ditch Using a Custom Processor for Steam Deck 2 in Favor of One That Might Outperform the PlayStation 6/Xbox Project Helix

    Even though FF6 was the best, everyone will go ape over FF7, and FF7 remake, and FF7 Crisis Core and all the inevitable tie-ins and cross-overs.
  5. Brian_B

    Microsoft Says That Limited Resources Prevent It from Using AMD in Surface Devices Even as It Partners with Other Vendors for Its Mobile PCs

    "Limited Resources" As in AMD limited the amount of monetary resources they were willing to provide to Microsoft to do such a thing?
  6. Brian_B

    LG Display Starts Mass-Producing a 720Hz OLED That Hits Its Refresh Rate at Full 1080p

    I’ll be honest - while gaming most of the time I’m hard pressed to tell the difference between 1440 and 4k I can sure as snot tell it between 1080 and 1440 though.
  7. Brian_B

    Valve’s Steam Frame Is Finally Available with a Starting Price of $1,059

    I've wanted to try the VR thing but... I wear glasses with a strong prescription and $1k is a bit much for me to just throw at it and hope it works with my eyes. But if I were going to hop on the bandwagon, Steam's hardware is what I would do it with.
  8. Brian_B

    Industry Insiders Claim NVIDIA GeForce RTX 60 Series Won’t Arrive Until 2028

    When you are selling every 5090 you can make for $6k, and you can sell the same chip to a data center for $100k.... Why do anything else?
  9. Brian_B

    NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang Confirms Blackwell Successor, Rubin, During Unannounced Trip to TSMC

    This is totally shocking to see. So unexpected. Look at how surprised we all really are here. No really.
  10. Brian_B

    MSI MAG 341CQP QD-OLED X28 34"

    I want so badly to bump up to OLED but just haven't found the right panel. The new Alienware AW3226Q may get me to bite if it doesn't have supply constraints. The 3440x1440 really really tempted me (and I won't lie, the gift of one to the wife was to beta test it...) But I'm really a dual...
  11. Brian_B

    Probably Bound to Happen: Increased Power Draw for DLSS 5 Reportedly Claims Its First Victim After a User Finds an RTX 5090 with a Melted Power Ada...

    I mean, I thought we fixed the powervirus thing back when Furmark was destroying GPUs. This is what I was thinking of, but yeah, a power limit thing you would think would work too
Become a Patron!
Back
Top