NVIDIA DLSS Is Coming to Unity Game Engine

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-dlss-2.0-feature-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s highly regarded deep learning super sampling image upscaling technology, DLSS, is coming to one of the world’s most popular game engines: Unity. As confirmed by Unity Technologies’ Mathieu Muller (Sr. Product Manager, High-End Graphics) in the video below, Unity will have native support for NVIDIA DLSS through the engine’s HDRP (High Definition Render Pipeline) beginning in version 2021.2. Some of the notable games that were built on Unity include Blizzard’s digital collectible card game Hearthstone and inXile’s post-apocalyptic squad-based RPG Wasteland 3.

40 games have introduced support to date, including Minecraft with RTX, Fortnite and Cyberpunk 2077, and new integrations are launching each month. With the addition of NVIDIA DLSS to Unity, game developers will be able to accelerate frame rates with minimal effort, giving GeForce RTX gamers...

Continue reading...

This has been rumored since dlss was announced for UE. So this is only natural.

Thing is that unity is much more popular on mobile where there's virtually no nvidia presence.

More support for DLSS is great. It is a fantastic technology.

Unity Engine though? I just went through the game list on Wikipedia. I don't think anything I've played actually used the Unity engine. It just seems like a lot of lightweight mobile garbage.

...well, that and Escape from Tarkov, which I kind of had some interest in, but never got around to playing, and probably never will at this point as I have more or less given up on ever playing anything multiplayer again.

Become a Patron!
Back