YouTube Now Streaming Thousands of Free TV Show Episodes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
What's better than free, ad-supported movies? Free movies without ads, of course, but YouTube has begun offering what is arguably the next best thing: ad-supported TV shows.

Go to post

This is something I could possibly get behind. I'm not sure why this hasn't happened sooner. You can already watch "free" TV OTA using an antenna with commercials. So why has it taken this long for something similar to arrive over the internet via streaming?

I remember when Hulu first came around, and it had commercials. I didn't mind it so much in those very early days. I watched a bunch of movies and some shows, especially at work. That's how I first saw Firefly. I haven't used Hulu since those early days, but I think I remember hearing that even those who paid for Hulu+ or whatever it was called still had to f*ckin' deal with commercials. I thought they were paying to avoid that sh1t?

This is something I could possibly get behind. I'm not sure why this hasn't happened sooner. You can already watch "free" TV OTA using an antenna with commercials. So why has it taken this long for something similar to arrive over the internet via streaming?
Very good point.

Can't wait to watch syndicated crap with commercials again! Ah, to relive my formative teenage years. All the MASH and Golden Girls and Mama's Family I can stand!

I remember when Hulu first came around, and it had commercials. I didn't mind it so much in those very early days. I watched a bunch of movies and some shows, especially at work. That's how I first saw Firefly. I haven't used Hulu since those early days, but I think I remember hearing that even those who paid for Hulu+ or whatever it was called still had to f*ckin' deal with commercials. I thought they were paying to avoid that sh1t?
Yeah, this was exactly why I've never touched Hulu. Subscription just got you a bigger backlog available and earlier access to new shows -- think you got to watch them 1 hour after release versus 1 day, and you could go back the entire season vs just most recent 3 episodes, but commercials were still there. Commercials are the biggest reason I pay to get rid of them. I just got fed up with SiriusXM and dropped them because they became too commercial heavy (talk channels), same thing with DISH - I'm not paying ~and~ dealing with ads. One or the other, but both is ridiculous and abusive.

I hear there are options at Hulu without commercials now, but there's only maybe 1 or 2 shows over there I'd care to watch, and that isn't worth picking up another subscription to me.

Hulu has too many shows that have caveats. This show has commercials this show only has most recent two episodes and so on. It's a pain.

Become a Patron!
Back