Intel Unveils Limited Edition Arc A-Series Desktop Graphics Card, Coming This Summer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has finally given us a look at what its reference GPUs for desktop systems might look like in the form of the Arc A-Series Limited Edition, a graphics card that will be available beginning this summer in what will likely be extremely limited quantities.

Go to post

Yeah lets see what availability and performance look like before I say anything.... although I already know how it's going to go.

Still.... any additional competition in the GPU space is welcome at this point.

I'm really thinking this will be a mining card. I don't know why but thats just what my computer sense is telling me.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my back up PC just to see how it performs. I figure it has to be better than the 1030 GT in there now.

It would be awesome if it was the best mining card, and then miners didn't ever wanna buy GeForces and Radeons anymore.
That could bite us pc gamers in the ***. How you might ask? What IF having the best mining card equals the greatest profit. How do amd and Nvidia not decide to compete in that market or actively choose to avoid profit. You see my point Here. If having an amazing hash rate sells cards in volume and runs Intel out of stock. Why would AMD and Nvidia choose not to double down on that market? Especially if Intel makes more money selling unlocked cards than their competitors do trying to sell to enthusiasts?

It would be awesome if it was the best mining card, and then miners didn't ever wanna buy GeForces and Radeons anymore.
It wouldn't matter - so long as there is profit to be made, they will sell. Doesn't matter if one is better than the other - you only need ~more~ of them then.

Become a Patron!
Back