LG Announces Pricing of 2022 OLED TVs, 42-Inch C2 Releasing in May for $1,399

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LG has shared the official pricing and release details for its 2022 lineup of OLED TVs. The 42-inch OLED42C2PUA, which should make for a fantastic PC monitor, will be available in May 2022 for $1,399. Availability and pricing details for the 97-inch G2 OLED97G2PUA and 55-inch A2 OLED55A2PUA are still to come.

Go to post

Hmm...need to see the difference between the C2 and B2. Different image processors, but same HDMI bandwidth, refresh rate, and input lag?

Evo screen this year is a C upgrade. C is also the only line getting the 42” option. It’s either the A or B line that only supports 60Hz - can’t recall which.

Evo screen this year is a C upgrade. C is also the only line getting the 42” option. It’s either the A or B line that only supports 60Hz - can’t recall which.
For 2021 it's only the A series limited to 60 Hz. Looks like LG is doing more to distinguish the B & C lines with the Evo panel.

the 42" C2 would be PERFECT for me.

I'm still mighty nervous about the prospect of burn-in though, as while I do enjoy games, what I use this box for the most is work. I know OLED's have improved in this regard, but still, hours on end of static menu bars and excel menus can't be good...

I'm still mighty nervous about the prospect of burn-in though, as while I do enjoy games, what I use this box for the most is work. I know OLED's have improved in this regard, but still, hours on end of static menu bars and excel menus can't be good...
Just throwing it out there - everything I've seen from OLEDs, both LG's and Samsung's, is that the sub-pixel layout is simply not optimal for productivity work without desktop scaling. Note that Apple makes extensive use of scaling on their displays as does nearly every mobile device.

Granted this is also a matter of personal preference. Some folks doing productivity work claim no visible impact. I'm very tempted to order the Alienware 34" once it comes back in stock just to see it for myself.

I've been using my 48"CX as a monitor for about a year now and see no evidence of burn in at all. I don't do productivity work or anything like that on it, but do my internet browsing and gaming with it. If I walk away from it for any length of time I just have a screen saver set and have the TV turn off after a certain time.

Become a Patron!
Back