Gillian Anderson Would Consider Returning for The X-Files, but on One Condition

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Want to see Scully battling aliens and shadowy government figures again? It could happen, says star Gillian Anderson, but only on one condition: the studio would have to find some new writers who can actually craft a decent story, unlike the crap that was given to fans in the later seasons of The X-Files.

Go to post

A big bag of money will surely help somewhat too.

She is right though that they could use some better writers.

Oh come on.

Just let the zombie corpse of The X Files rest in peace already.

It was a great show as a geeky teenager in the 90's, but it probably should have ended after - I don't know - season 5 or so.

Maybe gone out with a big bang in the 1998 X-Files movie and then just quit while on top.

Seasons 6 through 11 and the second movie in 2008 were really just milking the franchise with an aging cast that gradually no longer met the intent of their roles.

It needs to be "progressive"

LOL, at this point it is obvious that these celebrities are living in their own bubble, that reality cannot penetrate.

I read that as sure I would be in the new series as a consultant that new agents went to but I don't want to play investigative skully again.

Won't lie, I'd still hit it.

A couple of years ago when they remastered all the seasons and released them on bluray, I rewatched the old series. In the pilot there is an underwear scene, and lets just say that she looks very good, and it completely surprised me, because back when I started watching the X Files back in the day, I didn't really notice.

I was 13 at the time, so I had certainly "noticed" girls, but I guess she just seemed too old to me at the time and I didn't notice her in "that" way.

Seeing her current pics, I still think I feel the same way :p

If we are going for full confessionals I was more into Annabeth Gish, Scully never moved me.

Become a Patron!
Back