NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 vs AMD Radeon RX 6600 Gaming Performance

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction MSRP has meaning, purpose, and value, and we don’t want to see the MSRP value disappear. The fact is that today, the street pricing versus MSRP is wide and far apart, and that’s just the fact as it exists today. Such is the case with the GeForce RTX 3050 video card versus Radeon RX […]

Go to post

OOOhhh I get it. It's an april fools joke ;) :rolleyes: :LOL:

$389 for a 3050 at my local Micro Center.... for the 2022 version of a 1050ti. 3 years ago this card would be worth about $150-200 TOPS. Barely adequate 1080p card.

I was wondering earlier today, seeing cards in stock at Newegg, where that 'entry level' line was - and it seems that even with DLSS on the 3050, that line is the RX 6600.

I'll say that my only interest in the 3050 is outside of gaming - compatibility with content creation workloads and support for NVENC give the Nvidia GPU legs that AMD cannot currently match.

And while I shouldn't be surprised about the power draw - Nvidia is using an inferior process, after all - it looks like the AMD GPU is the clear winner here too.

Newegg‘s best selling RX 6600 is down to $259 with a $20 coupon.
But it‘s outsold by several (!) different RTX 3050 models that cost $329.

The way things are going, I expect the 6600 to always be cheaper than the 3050. If the 3050 drops in price then the 6600 will too !!

As disappointed as we initially were with the Radeon RX 6600's performance at $330 at launch, in the current climate it's managed to shape up as one of the best deals going around, now selling below that MSRP. The RTX 3050, on the other hand, promised gamers an end to crazy high prices by offering decent performance at the $250 price point, but ultimately that never came to fruition.

The way things are going, I expect the 6600 to always be cheaper than the 3050. If the 3050 drops in price then the 6600 will too !!
Faster and cheaper, and still gets outsold. It's amazing really.

Faster and cheaper, and still gets outsold. It's amazing really.
Its almost as if the Nvidia cards have some capability beyond gaming that people want to use and maybe game on them... like the more mature noise cancelation. The video background backdrop. Perhaps the ability to use various multimedia apps and have them accelerated.

Its almost as if the Nvidia cards have some capability beyond gaming that people want to use and maybe game on them... like the more mature noise cancelation. The video background backdrop. Perhaps the ability to use various multimedia apps and have them accelerated.
Could be. I have an nVidia card and I couldn't tell you how to use any of that though - it makes no difference to me at all.

I don't really think to buy a video card for audio... it's neat it can do it and all, but if I want good audio, I'll go looking for a good microphone.

I don't really think to buy a video card for audio... it's neat it can do it and all, but if I want good audio, I'll go looking for a good microphone.
It isn't perfect - I've played with it a bit - but it does work.

And having experimented with microphones, better microphones just make noise more apparent!

(the real answer for better audio is a decent microphone and a well treated acoustic environment - beyond that, noise reduction works wonders)

Become a Patron!
Back