Anker Introduces 3D Printer with AI Camera and 5x Faster Speeds, Reaches $1 Million in an Hour on Kickstarter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Anker has already found great success in the portable charger business, but how well can it do in the 3D printing market? Very well, if the results of the Kickstarter for its first 3D printer, the AnkerMake M5, are anything to go by.

Go to post

Tagline reads like a typical crowdfunding scam. Lots of buzzwords, that make very little sense in the context. I bet they also have some CGI animation, with emotionally charged narration.

FFS, I Should be a betting man. I just watched the kickstarter video. CGI check, emotionally charged check, OK, they have subtitles instead of narration, but basically the same thing.

Printer looks like any old Creality, except with fancy plastic molds covering every part to make it look like more expensive (and harder to use / service)

With the printing speed, all I can say is BS. The reason I can't use high speed printing and fast acceleration is not because the printer is not capable. It's because larger prints will start to flop around as the printer moves, resulting in low quality prints. I'm already having trouble with this at 80mm/s. 250mm/s? No way, unless you encase the printer in a giant concrete foundation.

I thought it was an AI camera to like scan an object.

Oh, I didn't even mention that with this the bed moves also instead of only the print head. There is no way you can successfully print at a high speed when every movement of the bed will rattle the print and the higher it goes the worse the quality becomes. You can't just ignore physics.

I've had good luck with Anker USB hubs and stuff like that... I found it hilarious they got themselves kicked off of Amazon for review stuffing though. A 3D printer is a bit of a different game though.

I still don't get the point. I could really use a way to fabricate parts at home - but most of the parts I need would need to be a bit more sturdy than cheapy ABS plastic, and probably bigger than the 3"x3"x3" that most home consumer printers will do. And I'd have to learn to CAD/model... although the camera would help.

Become a Patron!
Back