Tesla Cybertruck Finally Goes on Sale in 2023, a “Magnum Opus” without Door Handles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Want to turn heads in a vehicle that's very much unlike any of the cars and trucks you'll see on the roads today? That'll get a lot easier next year for those with deeper pockets and the garage space, as Elon Musk has finally confirmed that Tesla's heavily hyped Cybertruck will finally go on sale in 2023.

Go to post

Still no price?
Its been "priced" for a long time or are you assuming they are not going to keep their promised price?
I am assuming this too to be honest. I reserved fairly early a dual motor version which is base 50k, having added FSD it is 56k. This is not nothing for me, but for how much truck in theory it is, I would be shocked if they keep said price. Rivian had some issues when they raised prices. They ended up honoring pre orders at the price they supposed to and raised it for everyone else. Tesla is in a different scale , so who knows. They raised price already ( in current models) but its not clear to me if it is to intentionally cool demand while profiting more, or if it is out of need to keep margin. Supposedly Tesla has a high margins on the cars, but as soon as I read this, I could also read that they don't at all, so its all confusing.

Its been "priced" for a long time or are you assuming they are not going to keep their promised price?
Oh whoops, I don't really follow the thing, so I didn't recall that there was already a price stated, or that people were already able to preorder.

I am assuming this too to be honest. I reserved fairly early a dual motor version which is base 50k, having added FSD it is 56k. This is not nothing for me, but for how much truck in theory it is, I would be shocked if they keep said price.
Yeah now that I have seen what it was previously priced at, I have high doubts they will be able to meet that price.

Rivian had some issues when they raised prices. They ended up honoring pre orders at the price they supposed to and raised it for everyone else.
Well at least they honored those preorder prices. Hopefully Tesla will do the same for you and others who preordered their truck.

I thought they cancelled it and were issuing refunds?

Either way, it'll be useless as a truck. More of a gimmick.

I thought they cancelled it and were issuing refunds?
No word about refunds, but I did find this:

Looks like if you managed to pre-order before Oct '21, you have a chance of keeping that pre-order. And the original starting price of $39,900 is almost certainly right out the window for all subsequent orders.

Maybe Tesla has learned their lesson to not reveal pricing until after they have the production sorted out.

Become a Patron!
Back