Thermaltake Divider 550 TG Ultra: Mid-Tower PC Case with LCD Screen on the Front

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Thermaltake has published the product pages for the Divider 550 TG Ultra, a mid-tower PC case with a 3.9-inch LCD display on the front panel that can be configured to display information including CPU frequency, RAM temperature, animated GIFs, and more.

Go to post

This looks pretty good. I like my current Thermaltake case so I'd take a look at this one in 10 years or so when I'm upgrading cases again. ;)

I'd be more concerned over the software requirements. The explosion of software to 'monitor' and 'control' parts of the system, especially proprietary ones that have no eye toward compatibility, is really starting to be a problem.

I know that we can test this to a degree by monitoring DPC latency and other tools, and I'd like to see a focus on more broad compatibility. Razer is doing this to a degree, there are a few suites for fan control specifically (some more geared toward custom watercooling loops), and projects like OpenRGB (FOSS) and SignalRGB (free with paid tiers) looking to address the issue.

Thing is, none that I know of are anywhere close to supporting LCD displays, whether we're talking this Thermaltake, Corsair's, or NZXT's, to name a few.

Become a Patron!
Back