DuckDuckGo Removes Search Results for Various Pirate Websites

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
DuckDuckGo is getting a lot less useful for pirates. TorrentFreak has reported that the quacky search engine, which prides itself on user privacy, has removed the search results for many popular pirate sites.

Go to post

Honestly that's a strike agaisnt duck duck go. The search engine should be truthful and tag results as dangerous for whatever reason so people can be informed before clicking them. Not just remove results.

Google still wins in quality, the rest always give me irrelevant or much worse search results. You just have to skip through the clearly sponsored results at the front. Those are a bit annoying, but as long as the results are not censored, I'm fine with it.

I've been used DDG and it's been fine, and since I don't look for pirate websites I guess I'm not missing anything. I still use Google from time to time.

Google wins for shopping, and only for shopping. Absolutely nothing else. Google is hot garbage for anything meaningful. Ddg is only a little bit better... I will take that little bit though.

Become a Patron!
Back