NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Reportedly Has Node Advantage over AMD RDNA 3 GPUs with TSMC 4N

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA's next generation of GeForce GPUs is reportedly being manufactured on a more advanced process than what AMD is using for its RNDA 3 products. This is according to new rumors shared by Moore's Law Is Dead, who has claimed in a new tweet that green team's Lovelace-based GPUs are being built on TSMC's 4N, an optimized version of the foundry's 5 nm process node custom-designed for NVIDIA with optimizations for power efficiency, performance, and more.

Go to post

Well, this would be a first. Can't remember the last time nvidia had the manufacturing process advantage... if ever.

Can't remember a time Nvidia cared about power efficiency?

Well, this would be a first. Can't remember the last time nvidia had the manufacturing process advantage... if ever.
I'm not sure that's true. However, NVIDIA has had more power efficient architectures even when AMD had a process advantage. The 20 series was way more efficient at 12nm than AMD's were at the time.

I'm not sure that's true. However, NVIDIA has had more power efficient architectures even when AMD had a process advantage. The 20 series was way more efficient at 12nm than AMD's were at the time.
I think it is true, at least since Kepler

From what I can remember, AMD always pushed for the newer/smaller process. Had it given an efficiency edge is another issue; case in point Pascal.

Become a Patron!
Back