Activision Blizzard Lost over 60 Million Monthly Active Users in the Past Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Activision Blizzard has shared its financial results for Q1 2022 in a new report, but the numbers aren't pretty. In addition to poor financial performance ($1.77 billion in revenue versus $2.28 billion during the same period last year), a table of Monthly Active Users (MAUs) can confirm that the scandal-ridden company is facing a steady decline in its user base, with MAUs having dropped to 372 million at the end of March 2022.

Go to post

What makes these "opinions" from the Act-Blizz haters so laughable is, that they all HOPE that there's a connection to Acti-Blizz biggest losses have to do *mainly* with the so-called drama at the company. But there's no solid evidence to support those claims.

But, they also refuse to acknowledge that Acti-Blizz 2020/21 record earnings forecasts were doing a pandemic GLOBAL lockdown (so, why compare that knowing that the numbers are just finally balancing out), A Ukraine crisis (no Ukrainians are playing games by great numbers), Russia gamers' embargo, many people are back at work, etc.

I mean... really?! 😏

Just wait until T2, EA, Ubisoft, Sony, etc. issue their 1Q22 forecasts. What would be the excuse for their fall? Well, we already know about Ubi's demise, though. 😇

Last edited:
I know it’s not the flagship anymore, but WoW’s expansion reveal still hasn’t hit 2M views on YT almost a week later. Not sure what MS was thinking acquiring this slowly sinking ship.

There is a reason activision wanted blizz to pump out more games, the last new game they released was overwatch in 2016.

Players will not play the same games forever, not all of them anyways.

I would say esports but even that has been downward lately.

Was CoD the biggest competitor to Halo?
I think CoD is their biggest money maker. Or whatever mobile junk they own. Candy Crush?

I think CoD is their biggest money maker. Or whatever mobile junk they own. Candy Crush?
Was curious, and found this. It's a bit dated, so I'm sure it's skewed some by now, although they haven't really released anything new in that time; still interesting though.

Was curious, and found this. It's a bit dated, so I'm sure it's skewed some by now, although they haven't really released anything new in that time; still interesting though.

Good to know that I haven't contributed a single cent toward their success.

Good to know that I haven't contributed a single cent toward their success.
I think those estimates are way off. I suspect that WOW alone was bringing in multiple billion a year between subs, bullshit purchase of pets and mounts, and expansion packs.

I think those estimates are way off. I suspect that WOW alone was bringing in multiple billion a year between subs, bullshit purchase of pets and mounts, and expansion packs.
I think that was just profit for that year, not total revenue for a title to date. Huge difference between profit and revenue, and for a long-running title like WoW, there's going to be a huge difference between annual and to-date.

Last edited:
I think that was just profit for that year, not total revenue for a title to date. Huge difference between profit and revenue, and for a long-running title like WoW, there's going to be a huge difference between annual and to-date.
Very true... I don't think that those are the numbers this next year. Unless they can consolidate their server sprawl footprint.

Become a Patron!
Back