Naughty Dog Employee Confirms Remake Project Following The Last of Us Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corey Hong, a quality assurance tester with Naughty Dog, has confirmed via his LinkedIn page that the developer is working on an "unannounced remake project," adding credibility to a Bloomberg report from last year about how a remake to The Last of Us is in the works. Naughty Dog's 2013 post-apocalyptic hit is not mentioned anywhere in Hong's updated resume, but another bullet point regarding an "unannounced multiplayer project" seems to allude to the franchise's long-rumored standalone multiplayer component.

Go to post

I hope they update the first one to the technical quality of the second and release it on PC.

I feel it's way too early for a remake, but definitely put that shiznit on PC.

TLoU 1 was the first Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot 1 that I didn't care for, although I get why a f*ckton of people like it. Just wasn't for me. I haven't yet gotten a chance to play TLoU Part 2 yet. Both need to be on PC.

I feel it's way too early for a remake, but definitely put that shiznit on PC.

TLoU 1 was the first Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot 1 that I didn't care for, although I get why a f*ckton of people like it. Just wasn't for me. I haven't yet gotten a chance to play TLoU Part 2 yet. Both need to be on PC.
Tlou1 was terrible to play on console, I hated every moment of it. Tlou2 was infinitely better gameplay wise, that's why I'm hoping it gets remade to the same standard.

I didn't watch this cuz not personally interested in TLoU series, but I didn't know this remake was ready to launch.

The graphical improvements are certainly impressive. Still I think this remake is not really warranted as gameplay improvement is minimal to non existent. I'd rather they used this time to start a new game, even a new IP.

I'd rather they used this time to start a new game, even a new IP.

Yar, agreed there. Feels like it's time for something fresh from Naughty Dog (though Uncharted and Last of Us have been great).

I'm hoping TLOU1+2 get PC ports soon, it doesn't matter how pretty the game is on PS5, the big deal for me is that KB+M control.

I would not be surprised the remake was done to keep part of the staff busy while a core team starts work on the faundations of the next big thing in secret.

Another DF video on the remake:
(Again I didn't check this out.)

Become a Patron!
Back