DeepCool KG722 65% Mechanical Keyboard Review

LazyGamer

FPS Junkie
Introduction Today we’re taking a look at DeepCool’s “Tiny but Mighty” ultra-compact, portable form factor keyboard, the DeepCool KG722 65% Mechanical Keyboard, a 65% mechanical keyboard with standard linear switches for $79.99 MSRP. The KG722 joins the KB500, a TKL mechanical keyboard entry, in DeepCool’s two-keyboard lineup. Despite being the smaller sibling, the KG722 is […]

Go to post

Interesting. Looks like a decent little keyboard.

It's funny coming from DeepCool, which I associate with CPU coolers and fans, but branching out doesn't hurt I guess.

That said, this is not for me. I want the full IBM Enhanced keyboard layout no matter what. I don't really understand the appeal of TKL and 65%//60% scaled down keyboards.

65% is... a compromise.

I'm good with TKL, but I have a separate numpad to go with it. That's more for ergonomics when playing shooters than anything else.

I'll say that it's good to have options here. The 65% boards are surprisingly small; for some, there's quite a bit of benefit to that, portability being one. Just don't take one to a place where others value their quiet unless you've done some extensive modding!

65% is... a compromise.

I'm good with TKL, but I have a separate numpad to go with it. That's more for ergonomics when playing shooters than anything else.

I'll say that it's good to have options here. The 65% boards are surprisingly small; for some, there's quite a bit of benefit to that, portability being one. Just don't take one to a place where others value their quiet unless you've done some extensive modding!

I had to use a compact keyboard like that when I was helping a friend with their computer.

It drove me up a wall that I needed to use an Fn key just to do basic tasks.

You'll never find me using one voluntarily.

I don't mind having the numpad built in to my keyboard. I don't find it does anything negative for me ergonomics wise. I'm kind of a tall guy though, so maybe my long arms negate some of the issues others have.

Become a Patron!
Back