Thermaltake Announces $1,299 ARGENT E700 Gaming Chair

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Thermaltake has announced a new premium gaming chair called the ARGENT E700.

Go to post

Pretty sure that's an overpriced rebadge of another chair.

Nothing but the finest materials possible...except for the casters. F*** spending money on good casters. These cheaply made chinese pieces of poo will buckle under the slightest of weight and leave you scratching the ever living crap out of your hard wood floor in no time.

Doesn't look to be made for taller guys like myself, plus that price tag is a bit steep for a chair that doesn't look very comfortable.

Wouldn't that leather wrap around chair trap heat in like nobodies business? If I'm dropping 1k+ on a chair it wouldn't be this.

Wouldn't that leather wrap around chair trap heat in like nobodies business? If I'm dropping 1k+ on a chair it wouldn't be this.
I don't find most leather to be this way - depending on what's underneath it. Memory foam is horrible for trapping heat, and seems to be everywhere these days.

Vinyl is the worst by far, but I've sat on a lot of poly upholstered stuff that was worse to me than natural leather.

The thing is,

I don't understand why anyone would want a bucket seat unless they expected to encounter lateral G's.

If you are encountering these at your desk, there is something very strange going on.

I don't think anyone has ever chosen a bucket seat because it was "comfortable".

I've never spent more than $350 on a chair (which is what I got my used Aeron Chair for, and I can't picture myself doing so (outside of inflation adjustments) but I certainly wouldn't get anything like this junk.

The truth is, the best "gaming chair" is a good office chair. Everything else is just foolish aesthetics.

I don't understand why anyone would want a bucket seat unless they expected to encounter lateral G's.
Man there are some fast-paced racing and flight games out there, and good gawd the G forces I experience at my desk when playing these games are insane! It's gotten so extreme that I had a 5-point racing harness installed as well, and started wearing a helmet.

Become a Patron!
Back