DuckDuckGo Browser Allows Microsoft Trackers on Third-Party Sites Despite Its Privacy Focus

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
DuckDuckGo has always been known for its privacy-first approach, but new findings suggest that the company may not be fully committed to that ideal.

Go to post

This is why the only solution to privacy is to regulate big user data and its monetization out of existence.

There is no opting out. No matter how hard you try, they still get their tentacles on your data.

We need to make it illegal to collect and use it for any purpose. That is the only solution.

The European GDPR doesn't go far enough. The goal needs to be to eliminate big user data ll together and completely end the practice, regardless of the economic impact.

Hate to say it but last week tonight had a great segment on this. Lets hope their leverage does something.

Hate to say it but last week tonight had a great segment on this. Lets hope their leverage does something.
I can’t say I’ve seen that show affect any change yet. It does a hilarious job of attempting to apply shame though.

Actually no it's prompted some change or at least investigations in the past. I know this but for the life of me can't recall what specifically got changed.

The one on metadata though... man that's golden.

I didn't even know they had a browser.

That said, their excuse is a bullshit one.

Sure, using any browser is not a guarantee of privacy. There are a lot of very smart and financially motivated evil geniuses figuring out new ways to track and harvest data from users.

Entering into an agreement to share data from a product that you have marketed as privacy oriented is a completely different issue though. That implies intent.

This completely undermines the case for using Duck Duck Go products. They also claimed their search engine doesn't share data. Is that a lie too?

Become a Patron!
Back