Star Wars: Andor Teaser Trailer Released, Premieres on Disney+ August 31

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 is currently in full swing, and among the festivities that Lucasfilm has debuted thus far is the first teaser trailer for its upcoming streaming series, Star Wars: Andor.

Go to post

The definition of insanity = Disney
Have the streaming series bombed or something that I missed? The Mandalorian has been quite popular among people I know, and everyone is looking forward to Obi Wan.

Have the streaming series bombed or something that I missed? The Mandalorian has been quite popular among people I know, and everyone is looking forward to Obi Wan.
The Mandalorian was a mediocre show at best, Boba Fett completely ignored what the character should be, and half of it was Mandalorian season 2.5, Obi Wan is even worse according to reviews.

Disney are putting out badly written fan fiction one after another, and expect it to be recieved better. The Obi Wan lead actress already called fans racists preemptively and declared there were no people of color in star wars before her. I mean WTF? It's like they think if they attack the fans harder and earlier then nobody notices the badly written characters and the nonsensical stories.

And the same thing is going on with the MCU, it's like they don't even care about the IPs anymore. There should be standards, Star Wars as an IP is at it's lowest point, it has no prestige anymore, and the more of these shows they put out, the more diluted it becomes.

Star Wars should be their crown jewel, that is universally beloved, instead we get disney shills who praise it to all heavens on ideological grounds, we have the traditional star wars fans who hate the guts of it, and we have normies who it seems just consume any old garbage as long as it's wrapped in shiny plastic. Star Wars is just throwaway content to them.

I wish we knew the merchandising sales for the classics vs, the disney era stuff. Classic figures like Darth Vader, and Luke Skywalker still sell through like hot cakes, you can barely get one on pre-order while Rey figures are collecting dust on shelves. The only hit merchandise wise was baby yoda, and even that was a fluke, they didn't intend it as a long term character, and they didn't have the merchandise ready, allowing knock offs to get to market quicker. If they had good management, baby yoda toys should've been in stores the day after the character's introduction in the Mandalorian.

So you don't like Disney because your parents didn't take you there as a kid? :LOL: :p ;)
jk aside, I just watched Obi-Wan and it looks promising.
I wouldn't call the mandalorian mediocre as it was mostly praised by the fans and the Season 2 finale episode broke the internet.
BoB was ok, but not nearly as good.

BTW I don't know what you've been reading, but I've read mostly positive reviews on Obi-Wan. I'd say the consensus is wait and see...

So you don't like Disney because your parents didn't take you there as a kid? :LOL: :p ;)
I was never a hardcore Star Wars fan, it always seemed like a children's story to me. But it worked, however almost everything that Disney did with Star Wars after buying it was a farce. But I'm not hurt by it since I was never invested in it, I'm just laughing at it.
jk aside, I just watched Obi-Wan and it looks promising.
From what I've heard I have no intention of watching it, even if it is as "good" as the Mandalorian it would be a waste of my time. I want to watch good things, not mediocre things.
I wouldn't call the mandalorian mediocre as it was mostly praised by the fans and the Season 2 finale episode broke the internet.
BoB was ok, but not nearly as good.
Yeah, a one minute gimmick at the end won't uplift what was before that. Even with 20 minute episodes the Mandalorian often felt like a drag, with barely anything happening. I'm not saying it's all bad, there were a few good episodes, but overall, yeah I rate the show as mediocre. Which don't get me wrong is still magnitudes better than the movies Disney released, except for Rougue One, which I'd say is on par with Mando.
BTW I don't know what you've been reading, but I've read mostly positive reviews on Obi-Wan. I'd say the consensus is wait and see...
Well if you've been reading mainstream reviews that are bought and paid for of course that is what you get. You should listen to what actual star wars fans who are / were invested in it has to say about Obi Wan.

I was never a hardcore Star Wars fan, it always seemed like a children's story to me. But it worked, however almost everything that Disney did with Star Wars after buying it was a farce. But I'm not hurt by it since I was never invested in it, I'm just laughing at it.

From what I've heard I have no intention of watching it, even if it is as "good" as the Mandalorian it would be a waste of my time. I want to watch good things, not mediocre things.

Yeah, a one minute gimmick at the end won't uplift what was before that. Even with 20 minute episodes the Mandalorian often felt like a drag, with barely anything happening. I'm not saying it's all bad, there were a few good episodes, but overall, yeah I rate the show as mediocre. Which don't get me wrong is still magnitudes better than the movies Disney released, except for Rougue One, which I'd say is on par with Mando.

Well if you've been reading mainstream reviews that are bought and paid for of course that is what you get. You should listen to what actual star wars fans who are / were invested in it has to say about Obi Wan.
So by your estimation... and I'm not saying your wrong. Every reviewer that has a platform is bought and paid for and only those that complain are right that don't have a publicized voice?

Why are you here reading hardware reviews then? With your narrow scope you would only care about what users in the forum say rather than what the people that write reviews are saying.

Well, rather than reading people bitching for everything and anything, I'd rather watch it myself and decide.

I think it shows potential, but I guess it depends on what route it takes, there are several hints, some of them interesting, some of them kind of suck, so I guess I'll just see how it goes.

So by your estimation... and I'm not saying your wrong. Every reviewer that has a platform is bought and paid for and only those that complain are right that don't have a publicized voice?
Thanks to youtube and other similar platforms now everyone can have a platform. They kind of have their panties in a bunch in the mainstream, because they think they should be the only ones to have a voice.

So no, I don't mean everyone who has a platform, I mean those who are doing it for a salary as a journalist and not out of passion, but fresh out of college, with zero prior track record of them ever being interested in the things they are writing about.

And not all are paid, some just want to be paid, while others are mandated by their bosses, because they have overlap among their corporate overlords. While still others do it purely on ideological grounds. "I agree with Disney's politics, therefore everything they do I praise" I do believe that these people are this shallow, and these are the people that metacritic and rottentomatoes aggregates as the "professional" reviewers.
Why are you here reading hardware reviews then?
That's a really terrible analogy, hardware reviews have little room for subjectivity. The most they can go wrong is in testing methodology.
I'm yet to see a hardware review praising a product because of the policies and politics of the manufacturer, or because they are owned by the same interest groups.
With your narrow scope you would only care about what users in the forum say rather than what the people that write reviews are saying.
Actually I think you have the narrow sample if all you care about is what the mainstream consensus is. I give credence to the opinions of people who have a good track record, and even they have bad takes sometimes, nobody is perfect, but they are a hell of a lot better than the mainstream entertainment reviewers. And that goes for games, TV and movies. Often even when I do agree with them on something being good, they still praise the thing for the wrong reasons.

Well, rather than reading people bitching for everything and anything, I'd rather watch it myself and decide.
And that is what I do too, when I'm convinced that something is worth watching / playing. But that is not the case for Obi-Wan.
TBF I have heard more conflicting opinions about it as more and more people see it. But mixed reviews are not exactly a stellar recommendation.

Man I think I just saw a little of my personal hell there - digging though YouTube watching / listening to any old rando talk on a subject.

Man I think I just saw a little of my personal hell there - digging though YouTube watching / listening to any old rando talk on a subject.
Yeah, any old rando, that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

This is just my observation and not directing this towards you. These are the same "fans" that complain about everything. I grew up watching the original trilogy and I call myself a real fan, and none of those movies were perfect, but were enjoyable nonetheless. Could you imagine if the original trilogy were released in the day and age of social media? People would probably tear them apart. Somewhere along the line people forgot how to enjoy things for what they are and not read into every little issue with some thing (not just talking movies here). Unfortunately this is the society we live in now.

This is just my observation and not directing this towards you. These are the same "fans" that complain about everything. I grew up watching the original trilogy and I call myself a real fan, and none of those movies were perfect, but were enjoyable nonetheless. Could you imagine if the original trilogy were released in the day and age of social media? People would probably tear them apart. Somewhere along the line people forgot how to enjoy things for what they are and not read into every little issue with some thing (not just talking movies here). Unfortunately this is the society we live in now.
I think you are wrong that the original triology would be hated by everyone now. Some people might hate it, but the likely candidates for that are the exact people who are praising disney era star wars and marvel.

And please don't confuse mentioning every issue with hating something. I always mention every little issue I have with games in my reviews, but then give it a high score and still recommend it. That's not hate, that's being honest. I do that because I know I want to hear every issue when I watch / read a review, so I can make up my own mind whether they are dealbreakers for me. I don't want to hear some sanitized praise of the product.

I'm fully aware of people digging for hate clicks. They are pretty easy to spot when they hate everything.

It's kind of an art navigating the landscape of haters and shills, but I was always good at separating the valid points from the BS. It comes down to specifics. You can ignore the subjective part of their review, if they include the specifics of why they hate / praise something. A review without specifics that just says it's bad, or it's great is kind of worthless. Like for example this one:

I watched kenobi last night, and thought it was pretty good.
Sorry to use you as a negative example, but this tells me nothing. Why is it pretty good? What did you find appealing in it? There could be a million people saying it is good, it will still be less convincing, than one single specific negative element.

Last edited:
I think you are wrong that the original triology would be hated by everyone now.
Never said it would be hated by everyone, just stating a lot of people would pick it apart. We are all allowed to have our own views on subjects which is a good thing. Again I wasn't directing anything at you personally. I also liked Kenobi for what it is and it was enjoyable, but not perfect.

Never said it would be hated by everyone, just stating a lot of people would pick it apart. We are all allowed to have our own views on subjects which is a good thing. Again I wasn't directing anything at you personally. I also liked Kenobi for what it is and it was enjoyable, but not perfect.
I don't understand this mindset that if we enjoy a movie we can't point out anything that it gets wrong.

I don't understand this mindset that if we enjoy a movie we can't point out anything that it gets wrong.
Nothing wrong with pointed things out that may be incorrect or not to our liking. We just have to remember it's fiction. It's kind of like in comics where they bring back a character who died that is so far fetched it's ridiculous, but we kept reading anyway.

Become a Patron!
Back