Sony Pictures and PlayStation Productions Developing Gran Turismo Movie, District 9’s Neill Blomkamp Eyed to Direct

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Reports and rumors trailing Sony's investor briefing held yesterday had suggested that PlayStation Productions was working on a new show based on Gran Turismo.

Go to post

WTF will a gran tourismo movie be... Initial D live action?!

WTF will a gran tourismo movie be... Initial D live action?!
Oh gawd, PLEASE do not remind me of the Initial D live action movie!!!

I heard about Sony planning to make more shows based on more IPs. I don't know what kind of drugs they are passing around over there, but clearly some very powerful stuff. There aren't enough facepalm GIFs in the world to cover this @sshattery. A GT show might be the worse idea yet.

Oh gawd, PLEASE do not remind me of the Initial D live action movie!!!

I heard about Sony planning to make more shows based on more IPs. I don't know what kind of drugs they are passing around over there, but clearly some very powerful stuff. There aren't enough facepalm GIFs in the world to cover this @sshattery. A GT show might be the worse idea yet.

Reminded me of this old hat ...

In the beginning was the plan.

And then came the assumptions.

And the assumptions were without form.

And the plan was without substance.

And darkness was upon the face of the gamers.

And they spoke among themselves saying,

"It is a crock of **** and it stinketh."

And the gamers went unto the developers and said,

"It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odor thereof."

And the developers went unto their managers and said,

"It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the managers went unto their directors, saying,

"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."

And the directors spoke among themselves, saying to one another,

"It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."

And the directors went unto the vice presidents, saying unto them,

"It promotes growth and is very powerful."

And the vice presidents went unto the president, saying unto him,

"The new plan will promote the growth and vigor of the company, with powerful effects."

And the president looked upon the plan and saw that it was good.

And the plan became policy.

This is how **** happens.

The Gran Turismo movie was already made before Gran Turismo. It was called Thunderbolt. I'd be surprised if the movie wasn't actual inspiration for the game.

The Gran Turismo movie was already made before Gran Turismo. It was called Thunderbolt. I'd be surprised if the movie wasn't actual inspiration for the game.
I had never heard of this movie and just watched the trailer online... I can see how that would tie in.

"They've kidnapped her brothers and sisters..." <-- Because it would need to be a female lead for wokeness

"Now they think she is out of time" <-- Sets the premise.

"But in truth they are out of chances!" <-- Implies heroine is unstoppable.

"Watch a skinny waif with no business fighting tearing through men 4x her size with military grade training where she just has a nack for getting out of trouble." <-- Further suspension of disbelief needed.

"Watch Sarah Hyland in... Stick shift!" <-- Shows in full body tracing suite where they had to add padding to make look physically present.

Become a Patron!
Back