Sniper Elite 5 Pulled from Epic Games Store under Mysterious Circumstances

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sniper Elite 5 developer Rebellion Developments has issued an apology to PC gamers who had pre-ordered the fifth installment of its tactical shooter series from the Epic Games Store but discovered that the game wouldn't be available on that platform at launch as initially intended.

Go to post

Let me guess. Epic refused to sell it unless it's not on steam

As for the 'gamers' who pre-ordered it on egs, maybe you should re-evaluate your life choices and not deal with bullies / under the table dealers when other options are available. Or never even.

My guess would be multiplayer issues, especially the invasion mode that lets people invade other's games to duel during a mission. Maybe issues with crossplay between steam/ms and epic.

My guess would be money. Someone wanted more money after the fact - although I couldn't say who.

My guess would be money. Someone wanted more money after the fact - although I couldn't say who.
I think you have the right of it. They had an agreement with Epic and were going to launch there but a competitor didn't want EPIC to have it so paid more to cover the penalty and additional profit to be exclusive to them.

That or there was a moment without wokeness.

Become a Patron!
Back