Microsoft Cancels Current Iteration of “Keystone” Xbox Streaming Device

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft confirmed before its E3 media briefing last year that it had been working on streaming devices for Xbox that would plug directly into TVs or monitors, allowing users to play games via the company's cloud gaming service without the need for a console or other sorts of costlier hardware.

Go to post

I just do not get it. For a company that is valued over TWO TRILLION+, extremely resourceful, etc., MS really struggles hard in the majority of segments that it tries to compete in.

Smartphones - FLOP

Available Xbox Series X|S (before the so-called {🤔} chip shortage) units compared to the PS5 at release - FLOP

XGS 23 studios' content releases, and their quality, compared to fewer PS studios - FLOP

MS's Store/launcher (OMG!) compared to Steam - SUPER FLOP

MS peripherals compared against all its rivals - FLOP

I mean, it would take hours to cover all of MS's blunders and failures and none of it would still make any sense but only resort to one conclusion. Failure from MS lead executives/managers in all these segments and a serious restructuring needs to happen at MS, ASAP!

If you think about it these business segment flops as we see it are little more than tax liability dumps as far as MS is concerned. at a two trillion dollar company dumping a couple billion on something that isn't a profit just lets them balance their books a bit and pay less in taxes.

My guess is they couldn't overcome latency issues, and won't be able to any time soon. There's just no way of streaming a 50-150 GB game efficiently without serious lag, wait times or both.

My guess is they couldn't overcome latency issues, and won't be able to any time soon. There's just no way of streaming a 50-150 GB game efficiently without serious lag, wait times or both.
Install size of the game is mostly irrelevant when streaming it. It becomes all about resolution and compression and frame rate - same as video streaming.

Become a Patron!
Back