NVIDIA to Launch GeForce RTX 4090 in August, GeForce RTX 4080 in September, and GeForce RTX 4070 in October: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Following this weekend's rumors regarding NVIDIA's planned rollout for its upcoming GeForce RTX 40 Series, VideoCardz has now shared new information from sources that claim to have a clearer idea of when the first models will launch.

Go to post

I'm kind of hoping for 1200, 800, 500 but I'm thinking you're closer to right @Endgame .
Nvidia has seen how much people will pay. I'd be quite surprised if the 4090 is under 2000, as they will try to stretch that price point as far as it will go. I wouldn't even be terribly surprised if they didn't announce the price of the 4080 until they had seen the sales figures of the 4090.

Nvidia has seen how much people will pay. I'd be quite surprised if the 4090 is under 2000, as they will try to stretch that price point as far as it will go. I wouldn't even be terribly surprised if they didn't announce the price of the 4080 until they had seen the sales figures of the 4090.
I'm ok if the 4090 costs $2,000, so long as it's appreciably faster than what you can get for around $2000 today. Don't get me wrong, I'll still roll my eyes when it does get announced - but if someone is willing to pay that budget: both in terms of dollars and in terms of power envelope, to get the absolute top performance they can buy... then more power to them. nVidia is just moving to what the market wants. I do not want a 400W+ card, no matter what the price is, honestly.

I'm much more concerned about what will release in the $200-500 segments - those are the ones that most people consider, and move the industry forward, and what has been largely decimated and destroyed by the recent GPU supply issues.

If nVidia's answer to that is to keep pushing ridiculous priced options for underpowered generations-old cards, I'm afraid for the PC gaming niche.

Become a Patron!
Back