Forza Horizon 5 Passes 20 Million Players in Just under Seven Months

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Forza Horizon 5 has passed 20 million players in just under seven months, according to the open-world racer's in-game Hall of Fame leaderboard, which now counts the accolades of over 20,012,405 players.

Go to post

I'm not surprised it is a good game and it will grow when expansions release.

Just because someone started the game as part of games pass doesn't mean they actually liked it. I certainly didn't.
Eh, don't be a Debbie Downer - far as racing games can go, seems like quite a bit of fun.

Eh, don't be a Debbie Downer - far as racing games can go, seems like quite a bit of fun.
I tried it once on son's computer - he was into it. I don't know what emotions I was experiencing when I saw the character creator - I still don't know that I've fully processed it and come to terms with the amount of over-the-top inclusivity that went into that thing.

I just hit 'yes' and accepted all defaults. It's there for people that want it, and seems reasonably ignorable for those that couldn't care less.

It had several problems with it that I briefly mentioned here.
The main issues that broke the horse's back for me was the AI, and the FOV.
The difficulty slider of the AI does not alter their skill, it simply alters their car's performance. Which is asinine. This means even on medium difficulty the AI will be much faster than you in a straight line when driving the exact same car as you. And there is no middle road, lowering the difficulty makes the game too easy, raising it makes it bad.
Think I've experienced a bit of this one, but it could also just be that I'm a terrible driver 😇

I honestly played it for a few hours myself and uninstalled. It wasn't much of an upgrade over 4 and just gets boring too fast.

Become a Patron!
Back