Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Gets a Gameplay Reveal Trailer and $69.99 Steam Listing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Activision has officially announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, offering an early look at the game with an action-packed World Reveal Trailer and blog post that can confirm the PC version of the shooter is headed to not only Battle.net, but Steam, effectively ending the franchise's years of exclusivity on Blizzard's platform.

Go to post

Wait... doesn't MS own activision now? or is it just the blizzard IP's that they own?

Wait... doesn't MS own activision now? or is it just the blizzard IP's that they own?
Yes. And even Microsoft has been pushing a lot of their games out on Steam lately, since Windows Store is a pile of hot garbage. Forza 5, FS, Minecraft Dungeons, Halo, etc.

Yes. And even Microsoft has been pushing a lot of their games out on Steam lately, since Windows Store is a pile of hot garbage. Forza 5, FS, Minecraft Dungeons, Halo, etc.
Yet they all require the Xbox app for integration and multiplayer.

Yet they all require the Xbox app for integration and multiplayer.
Not true. Halo MCC, Gears 5, and Ori 2 on Steam allow you to log into your Xbox Live account directly in-game. There is no separate app for that sh1t.

Haven't even played modern warfare myself. It's "exclusive" to battle.net. Worse it is still €59.99. They can choke on it.

Not true. Halo MCC, Gears 5, and Ori 2 on Steam allow you to log into your Xbox Live account directly in-game. There is no separate app for that sh1t.
Uhh... In my experience it still uses the xbox experience overlay. Maybe I'm wrong.

Uhh... In my experience it still uses the xbox experience overlay. Maybe I'm wrong.
You sure that it's not just that the Xbox overlay is active so it gets used, and the game wouldn't otherwise work fine if you shut off the Xbox service / disabled the overlay?

I don't know the answer to that question, I don't own any of those games.

Become a Patron!
Back