Aliens: Dark Descent Announced for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox Platforms

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Summer Game Fest has premiered the first trailer for Aliens: Dark Descent, a new squad-based, top-down action game based on the popular sci-fi film franchise owned by Disney and 20th Century Studios.

Go to post

Not really a fan of this type of game, but to each their own.

Seems like Fireteam but with top down view. Hopefully it is better than that, frankly it doesn't look like much. The only Aliens game that could get me excited would be isolation 2.

Maybe I'm just old and salty but this doesn't sound good at all. Alien doesn't work as a squad based mobile game at least I don't think it does. I don't necessarily want a survival game like Isolation but I would love to see something like Dead Space.

Maybe I'm just old and salty but this doesn't sound good at all. Alien doesn't work as a squad based mobile game at least I don't think it does. I don't necessarily want a survival game like Isolation but I would love to see something like Dead Space.
Wait a minute, Dead space was the survival game, Alien Isolation was more of an immersive sim.

Wait a minute, Dead space was the survival game, Alien Isolation was more of an immersive sim.

I don't consider Dead Space a survival game. To me a survival game is one where you have barely enough ammo and supplies to scrape thru. Granted you could put it on max difficulty and it would be like that but on normal difficulty you've got plenty of ammo and health that you can blast everything in your path.

I classify survival games like Alien and Resident Evil where you get like 3 bullets the entire game and have to run away or hide from all the baddies in the game.

I prefer blasting and the plasma cutter in Dead Space is my all time favorite game gun. That thing is so satisfying to shoot.

Alien 3 on the Snes was the best Alien game, gimme more of that.

Become a Patron!
Back