Ms. Marvel Suffers from Poor Viewership Numbers, Lowest of Any MCU Disney+ Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Samba TV has revealed the viewership numbers for Ms. Marvel, and they are pretty disappointing compared to the rest of the shows that Marvel Studios has developed for Disney's streaming service.

Go to post

I mean... the huge backlash for her appearance in Square Enix Marvel's Avengers wasn't enough of a clue?

Uh-huh!

Just wait until She-Hulk, Jane Thor and the next Captain Marvel reach the screen. 👎

They make this trash for themselves, then it also should be self evident that they need to pay for it themselves.

I wonder when will they learn that being given insane power and using it selfishly is not heroic.

They have to realize that most of the people watching these Marvel series and movies grew up reading the comics. This character just seems to be off the wall and doesn't have a good back story. Most people will probably have no interest in watching it like myself.

Yea no lie I glanced at it and kinda felt.. meh... no pressing desire or hook to watch it. I'm sorry when I was a teen I got into comics because of the ****ing ample amount of cheesecake then the story drew me in more. Why the hell don't they realize you gotta keep with the same stuff. Heck they did it with iron man.

I've watched it so far. It's ... different.

I don't hate it, it's not exactly my cup of tea, but it isn't offensive. It doesn't really feel very Marvel, and the super powers feel more cheesed, but that's kinda going with the theme. It feels more like Facts of Life or Punky Brewster or Blossom or one of those teen girl coming of age comedies I remember from growing up.

But I can see the typical Marvel fan, who is used to things like Daredevil and Captain America and Iron Man -- this is definitely not that. Nothing even close.

Feels like Marvel is trying to widen the tent - Moon Knight went in a different direction too - focusing on mental health. It had some action too that sorta aligned it peripherally with the MCU. Ms Marvel lacks that connection (at least so far), it has that campy teen feeling going for it, but the super powers haven't had enough time in the series to quite get developed enough. I think this could turn into a teen girl version of young Spiderman figuring out his powers, and then figuring out they don't give him just power, but also responsibility. That could change, the series isn't complete yet - but I think that's where this is headed for the MCU connection.

Become a Patron!
Back