Top Gun: Maverick Passes $800 Million, Becoming Tom Cruise’s Biggest Box Office Hit Ever

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Top Gun: Maverick has flown past the $800 million mark at the global box office, according to a new report from Variety, making the sequel to the iconic '80s blockbuster Tom Cruise's biggest box office hit yet—a noteworthy accomplishment, considering the actor's extensive resume that already includes huge hits such as the Mission: Impossible movies.

Go to post

The MI movies did well but were never block-busters. His last block-buster was Top Gun.

Their gamble to put it on Ice (see what I did there) until the theaters started humming again has apparently paid off. It doesn't hurt that the movie is pretty decent, albeit some cheese factors.

If it breaks a billion, I bet you there will be Top Gun 3 : Maverick's Revenge sometime in the future.

Their gamble to put it on Ice (see what I did there) until the theaters started humming again has apparently paid off. It doesn't hurt that the movie is pretty decent, albeit some cheese factors.

If it breaks a billion, I bet you there will be Top Gun 3 : Maverick's Revenge sometime in the future.
And probably kill Day 1 Streaming for bigger pictures forever... Streaming will become the next "Direct to Video" option for all those lousy sequels and B-rated movies. I'm ok with that by and large, but man, it was nice to get some Day 1 Streaming titles while it lasted.

The MI movies did well but were never block-busters. His last block-buster was Top Gun.
Every MI movie did better than Top Gun. Even Rain Man did better than Top Gun. All this proves is that people will pay money to watch the same performance + stunts/special effects repeatedly.

Every MI movie did better than Top Gun. Even Rain Man did better than Top Gun. All this proves is that people will pay money to watch the same performance + stunts/special effects repeatedly.
It's a summer movie for a reason.

Become a Patron!
Back