AMD Releases Ryzen Chipset Driver 4.06.10.651

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has released Ryzen Chipset Driver 4.06.10.651 with support for various processors and their associated platforms, including premium AM4 chipsets (X570) and third-generation Threadripper (TRX40).

Go to post

I have to admit, I am usually terrible at remembering to upgrade CPU and Chipset drivers.

While I often keep up with GPU drivers, the CPU and Chipset ones typically are installed during a clean Windows install and then forgotten about permanently.

Maybe I should try to remember these once in a while.

I've been too spoiled by having my Linux Kernel upgrades take care of everything for me under Linux.

That crappy software that comes with your motherboard that almost everyone ignores would, theoretically, keep it up to date.

And anything super critical would get pushed with Windows updates.

So I don't know if you are really missing all that much.

That crappy software that comes with your motherboard that almost everyone ignores would, theoretically, keep it up to date.

And anything super critical would get pushed with Windows updates.

So I don't know if you are really missing all that much.
Except Asus's Amory crate SUCKS BALLS at keeping up with current versions of software.

Case in point:

1656461436191.png

See that it thinks the latest version is 3.10.22.706 when I've already downloaded and installed 4.03.03.431. and I'll be grabbing and installing this version now as well.

Don't trust your vendors utilities to keep drivers or even their own BIOS's current. Same story there.

Except Asus's Amory crate SUCKS BALLS at keeping up with current versions of software.

Case in point:

View attachment 1708

See that it thinks the latest version is 3.10.22.706 when I've already downloaded and installed 4.03.03.431. and I'll be grabbing and installing this version now as well.

Don't trust your vendors utilities to keep drivers or even their own BIOS's current. Same story there.
Key word: Theoretically

Become a Patron!
Back