EA Slammed for Mocking People Who Only Enjoy Single-Player Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EA is being lambasted by both gamers and industry veterans for publishing a tweet that appears to mock people who only enjoy single-player games and refuse to give multiplayer titles a chance.

Go to post

Eh, its not really that big of a deal. Its not really a funny joke but I get where they were going with it. A bad attempt at gamer humor by some marketing wonk idiot.

Eh, its not really that big of a deal. Its not really a funny joke but I get where they were going with it. A bad attempt at gamer humor by some marketing wonk idiot.
Then maybe you can enlighten me, because I don't see where they were going with it. Clearly this joke only works if we pre-suppose that not playing multiplayer games is a bad thing.

Chicks dig bad boys. Bad boys don't play multi-player games. EA is just trying to get you laid.

Exactly. That or some variation of a dating trope. Real men prefer PvP combat! Whatever. Silly joke attempt that doesn't work. Swing and a miss. No big deal. Now if they'd said 4x players are straight up nerds thems be fightin words. We shall dual at dawn, one turn at a time.

This does nothing to change my opinion of EA one way or the other. After all, you can't go down after you've already hit rock bottom
Oh trust me there are subterranean levels they can exist at. There is always room to be worse. And people will still buy Madden and Fifa every f*cking year.

“They’re a 10 but they only like playing single-player games”
— EA tweet

Apparently the tweet is connected to a popular meme from TikTok, and is supposed to be offensive to single-players gamers. I'm outraged. 🥱

If I wanted to immerse myself in the theatrics and adolescent squabbles endemic to social media platforms such as Twitter and TikTok, online multiplayer gaming might actually have some appeal. A well-written single-player title, much like a good book, offers an escape from that nonsense. It's disappointing that they don't seem to receive as much attention.

In case it's isn't obvious, what I'm trying to say is that if you enjoy multiplayer games, you're a very bad person and should be ashamed of yourself. And you're a 10. Oh, and happy Independence Day, even if your country doesn't celebrate the holiday. 🎆

Become a Patron!
Back