Blizzard President Defends Diablo Immortal’s Microtransactions

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Blizzard president Mike Ybarra has gathered the courage to defend Diablo Immortal following the tremendous amount of controversy that the free-to-play installment of the hack-and-slash franchise has prompted since its release on iOS, Android, and Windows on June 2, 2022.

Go to post

Would anyone pay 60$ for a ' full' cellphone game?
As supposedly powerful cellphones are, games on them always have this cheapness to it. Even if visuals are ok, its still something about it, perhaps the reliance on just touchscreen, i don't know.

As supposedly powerful cellphones are, games on them always have this cheapness to it. Even if visuals are ok, its still something about it, perhaps the reliance on just touchscreen, i don't know.
I would pay $60 for masters of Orion or some similar 4x game on my phone.

Once I get a galaxy fold 4 a good game that utilizes that screen and other features... doesn't charge me microtransactions but is a good 4x game like mentioned above... I would be down for that.

Thing is they built the game to be played on a PC as well. Mobile isn't the only available platform to my knowledge.

I would not but I don't play games on my cellphone. I can say I have been playing apex legends since lauch on an almost daily basis (aprox 1Hr/day) and have spent 0€ on the game. If up to me companies would go bankrupt on F2P games as I don't spend anything on them, if that makes them too user unfriendly I just quit playing them.

I don't mind paying full price for a good game either but any micro transactions in that case better be completely optional. I don't mind DLC if the content provided is good enough (borderlands 2 and 3 come to mind here)

Become a Patron!
Back