Top Gun: Maverick Surpasses Titanic as Paramount’s Highest-Grossing Domestic Film of All Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Top Gun: Maverick has proven to be one of Paramount Pictures' most successful movies ever.

Go to post

Titanic was a **** film.

I haven't seen Maverick yet (haven't seen any movies in over a year*) but I usually don't have high hopes for remakes, especially ones with such unrealistic premises.

*We bought a house in May last year, and I haven't been able to prep the space I want to set up my home theater in yet. I've just been too busy. And I simply do not go to theaters anymore. Haven't in over a decade.

Man, I have not heard a single bad thing about this movie. Everyone I know who has seen it loves it. I keep hearing praise for it online, and in these forums too.

I usually don't have high hopes for remakes
Remakes? I thought this was a sequel.

Man, I have not heard a single bad thing about this movie. Everyone I know who has seen it loves it. I keep hearing praise for it online, and in these forums too.

It is... the post you quoted is someone who missed their morning coffee and was jumping on the internet trash it before you see it mentality of something that they have self imposed requirements to dislike. Even after they see the movie it will be a "It was alright but not as good as everyone made it out to be" bs type post. We've all been there. ;)

My bad.

Mass appeal generally makes me suspicious. You know, lowest common denominator type of things.

Based on historical data, the more people who like something, almost anything, the higher the chances are I will think it is dumb, but I am trying to keep an open mind.

Titanic was a **** film.

I haven't seen Maverick yet (haven't seen any movies in over a year*) but I usually don't have high hopes for remakes, especially ones with such unrealistic premises.

*We bought a house in May last year, and I haven't been able to prep the space I want to set up my home theater in yet. I've just been too busy. And I simply do not go to theaters anymore. Haven't in over a decade.

Its a sequel, but it does have some tints of a remake.

Become a Patron!
Back