William Shatner Disses Star Wars, New Star Trek Shows at SDCC 2022

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
William Shatner wasn't afraid to speak his mind at this week's San Diego Comic Con.

Go to post

He's never been afraid to speak his mind, but he has always been a bit irked by anything Star Trek that he wasn't a part of mostly.

No Star Trek series / no one will ever... EVER... come close to the G.O.A.T Captain... James... T... KIRK and crew! EVER!

No Star Trek series / no one will ever... EVER... come close to the G.O.A.T Captain... James... T... KIRK and crew! EVER!
I even enjoyed the cartoon. Found it a while back on a streaming service.

Agree but our political climate today wouldn’t tolerate another Capt Kirk at all. He’d get woked out on a rail

Agree but our political climate today wouldn’t tolerate another Capt Kirk at all. He’d get woked out on a rail
That's what they want you to believe. In reality it would have terrible critic reviews, that frankly nobody should give a **** about anymore, but the audience would love it. Like in the case of the Terminal List.

Possibly, here in Belgium we have an old comedy show which ran for 20+ seasons, and get's repeated all the time, but they cut 16 episodes recently because they no longer fit the current political correctnes/woke crap time we live in.

That's what they want you to believe. In reality it would have terrible critic reviews, that frankly nobody should give a **** about anymore, but the audience would love it. Like in the case of the Terminal List.
I don't know that it matters much what the general mass population thinks. You piss off the wrong vocal minority and you're done. Just ask Dave Chappelle.

I don't know that it matters much what the general mass population thinks. You piss off the wrong vocal minority and you're done. Just ask Dave Chappelle.
He hosts sold out events everywhere he goes. just as Ricky Gervais,.

What this vocal minority does is terrorism. And it is encouraged and championed by some. They only have power if we give it to them. So don't. If you are changing your stand up gig or movie, because of who it might upset you are already lost as a creative. Of course this is not to be confused with making upsetting people your goal, which is often encouraged by the same mob.

Possibly, here in Belgium we have an old comedy show which ran for 20+ seasons, and get's repeated all the time, but they cut 16 episodes recently because they no longer fit the current political correctnes/woke crap time we live in.
I don't understand this type of censorship. What is it's purpose? They want to pretend that it never happened? Because if the problem is that it depicts bad things, then almost every fiction should be banned as most of it depicts things that shouldn't be imitated.

Become a Patron!
Back