Corsair Expects Quarterly Losses of Up to $11 Million

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The global economic downturn is hurting many PC companies, and it appears that Corsair won't be an exception.

Go to post

Imagine they got an ipo. Then started pumping product into a market for product they didn't need to diversify. Well they diversified themselves into a loss here. Ubfortunate timing and an appetite for risk hurt them. Now we will see if the ipo makes sense and gives them the financial fortitude to weather this storm.

Maybe they should focus a bit more on the quality of their stuff, I had 3 or 4 mice become defective the, first 2 in a matter of months. Also had a spacebar of a k70 keyboard not working 30% of the time shame there are not that many brands with azerty keyboards around worth using.

And they screwed me with not providing mouting stuff for socket 1700 for their cheaper aio coolers.

I bought some Corsair stock and then it immediately jumped into the flaming dumpster

I think Corsair will be alright - their overall product line is solid and well supported (if only by themselves). I also approve of their most recent acquisitions - some may not think much of elgato (or know what they do), but the company does put out solid products, for example.

Maybe they should focus a bit more on the quality of their stuff, I had 3 or 4 mice become defective the, first 2 in a matter of months. Also had a spacebar of a k70 keyboard not working 30% of the time shame there are not that many brands with azerty keyboards around worth using.
Had to look up azerty - while Corsair generally makes good keyboards, there're plenty of keyboards available that allow layout changes written to their firmware. Not as straightforward I know, but doable.
And they screwed me with not providing mouting stuff for socket 1700 for their cheaper aio coolers.
At least in NA, I haven't had Corsair fail at supporting their products across industry transitions. Did you give them a ring?

Had to look up azerty - while Corsair generally makes good keyboards, there're plenty of keyboards available that allow layout changes written to their firmware. Not as straightforward I know, but doable.

That's not a workable option, too many differences
At least in NA, I haven't had Corsair fail at supporting their products across industry transitions. Did you give them a ring?

Well they made a kit for their higher end coolers, mine was not listed in the compatibility list even though it was pretty new so I did not see how calling/contacting them would solve anything. Went with a different brand and even got some money back via a cashback promo.

Well they made a kit for their higher end coolers, mine was not listed in the compatibility list even though it was pretty new so I did not see how calling/contacting them would solve anything.
Not saying that it was an oversight on their part - but they could have overlooked something? Happens all the time when trying to account for so many releases.

Might receive a response along the lines of... "it will probably work, but we haven't been able to test it" or somesuch.

That's not a workable option, too many differences
You sure? QMK (etc.) firmware allows the entire keyboard to be remapped. If there's an actual switch layout difference I'd understand, but typically an ISO layout would be the same there?

I love their cases, but their mice and keyboards have not been kind to me for the most part.

You sure? QMK (etc.) firmware allows the entire keyboard to be remapped. If there's an actual switch layout difference I'd understand, but typically an ISO layout would be the same there?

There are physical differences and even if there were none, I would need to buy different keycaps as there are tonsd of differences. I once when I was just a wee lad tried something like this with a razer keyboard, soon found out it was a terrible idea.

Become a Patron!
Back