Logitech G Launches the Aurora Collection, a Gender-Inclusive Range of Gaming Gear

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech G has introduced the Aurora Collection, a new collection of PC gaming products that was designed to be "gender inclusive, not gender exclusive, addressing the needs and wants of women gamers while also appealing to all gamers who are looking for a playful design and curated experience."

Go to post

1. It's white... LOTS of people with full out white cases would LOVE this. Not just females.
2. The only thing that makes it.. girly in the imagery is the color tones of the light... and since it's RGB... meh I don't care.

This is a pretty obvious marketing play. If the hardware is good and priced comparatively to the 'darker' variants of the same hardware.... who cares?

So the key to making hardware for girls is to throw around a lot of white and pink?

This is similar to the gun industry's attempt at guns for women simply by taking an existing product and making it pink. Meanwhile, no woman I know that's into guns or computer hardware want any of it in pink.

This stuff will sell like snow cone makers in Alaska.

Sooooo mount a container on the side to store tampons? Or Kit Kats? Or both? /s

1. How did their existing hardware exclude women? Legitimate question.
  2. If they think making stuff pink is what all women want, then I guess it is time to send their staff to re-education camp.

I wasn't aware that any PC hardware was gender exclusive. I don't recall any "Insert Penis to Turn on" ports on any PC (that I admit to building)
What about all those dongles people insert into various ports on PCs? And the gender of the connectors? I bet most of those dongles had oppressive "male" plugs and were inserted into "female" connectors on the PC.

Logitech cares.

Become a Patron!
Back