AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1 Launched with Noise Suppression, New Performance Optimizations, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has released a new Adrenalin Edition driver package, and it's a significant one.

Go to post

Already installed it. Have the thing installed for noise supression but nobody I know is doing voice chats tonight or I would try it.

Nifty, neat, great, I do get irritated by poor quality sound with noises I dont care to hear.

Soooooooooo.... Does this work for anyone because it doesn't for me either with my Corsair Virtuoso wireless headset, or the 5.1 stereo plugged directly to the realtek sound outs on the back of my motherboard. Just tried using the HDMI to the speakers on one of my monitors - no go there either.

I too have a corsair headset using USB. I found that EVGA has a noise supression driver installed that I simply can not remove. Even disabling it does nothing. It seems I have an update for the Armoury crate now so lets see if this fixes my issue. Regardless I could temporarily remove that driver and it would work. But after a reboot it failed again. I didn't go into the Armoury crate to turn off EVGA's driver again. It annoys me.

So YES I was able to get it to work... for a short period of time... but it didn't last past a reboot. Could be AMD's fault could Be Armoury Crate or even Corsair I don't know at this point but I'm still in the tinkering phase.

Ok I think I have it figured out. Want to jump on a discord and test? I don't believe thefpsreview has a discord so I'll send you a direct link @Elf_Boy .

And I was wrong after a reboot it broke again. AMD needs to REALLY fix their software for this. It is CLEARLY not mature.

Just submitted a bug report. Please do the same if you are dealing with this.

Ok I think I have it figured out. Want to jump on a discord and test? I don't believe thefpsreview has a discord so I'll send you a direct link @Elf_Boy .
I appreciate the offer.

I do better with written instructions if you have the time to type up what to do? If not no worries.

I appreciate the offer.

I do better with written instructions if you have the time to type up what to do? If not no worries.
Sadly I don't have solid steps to actually fix this. So to get it to work I have to make sure my ASUS motherboard driver's AI noise cancelling NIC is not present. THEN I have to disable and re enable the AMD noise cancelling microphone. THEN switch my apps to use it. And if I reboot I would have to do it again. (Or shut down and power on as that ISN'T a true reboot in windows 11 or 10.)

At this point submit a bug report with what you are dealing with and let AMD sort it out. That's what really needs to happen.

Become a Patron!
Back