Intel to Introduce Wi-Fi 7 in 2024

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel is planning to unveil its first devices with Wi-Fi 7 (802.11be) in 2024.

Go to post

At least the 6e router I bought has another year.... yeesh.

Since the start, my wifi speed capability exceeded my internet connection.

Since the start, my wifi speed capability exceeded my internet connection.
I only just recently exceeded WiFI .11G with my ISP. Most of the time I can’t even saturate that.

I’ve had gbit internet for years, but even downloading stuff from steam I never really get close to max throughput. Going to be quite a while, I think, before real world transfer speeds come anywhere near gbit.

I got 300 down 20 up, doubt I have any use for that.

I’ve had gbit internet for years, but even downloading stuff from steam I never really get close to max throughput. Going to be quite a while, I think, before real world transfer speeds come anywhere near gbit.
I get >2Gbit down from Steam and Origin these days...

On a burst - Fiber line scales to 2.5Gbit when the infrastructure is there.

On a burst - Fiber line scales to 2.5Gbit when the infrastructure is there.
Nice... I'm not willing to pay for 2.5 gig considering I'd need a new router to go with it and a 2.5gb nic as well.

Nice... I'm not willing to pay for 2.5 gig considering I'd need a new router to go with it and a 2.5gb nic as well.
Service came with the router, with a surprisingly decent 6E access point. 2.5Gbit NICs are fairly cheap, switches, not so much - but I'm running 10Gbit here ;)

(but to expound on the access point... I was able to get ~700Mbps up and down with an iPhone, across the house)

Become a Patron!
Back