DC Films to Copy Marvel Studios’ 10-Year Plan

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
DC Films is considered a mess right now, but it's going to try to salvage itself by emulating its biggest and far more successful competitor.

Go to post

That's what they should have done from the beginning. They are more than 10 years late to the party, but whatever.
This ^^^

They rushed BvS and JL too soon. Had they gone first with solo WW, aquaman and batman films instead... well now we'll never know.
Heck they haven't even released the Flash movie yet.

Ezra going crazy or rather being exposed as crazy and a groomer isn't helping matters.

I admit I liked Affleck Batman more than I thought I would - i kinda looked forward to some more of it. But I think that entire lineup is mostly dead.

I admit I liked Affleck Batman more than I thought I would - i kinda looked forward to some more of it. But I think that entire lineup is mostly dead.
I did too. I was horrified by his casting initially, and the first trailer for Batman v. Superman put my mind at ease. I was very pleasantly surprised by his performance, physique and general portrayal of the character.

Unfortunately, while I was very pleased with both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck's Superman and Batman respectively, I hate the fact they were in largely mediocre movies. It's unfortunate we are unlikely to see them in films worthy of their portrayals. Neither one of them are young enough to portray these characters effectively for another ten plus years. Ben Affleck's casting was fantastic but they really needed to make Batman movies with him a good five to ten years earlier than they did.

That being said, I'd be very interested to see a Batman Beyond movie with Affleck as old man Bruce. I think that's definitely possible. If not now, at some point in the future.

Unfortunately, while I was very pleased with both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck's Superman and Batman respectively, I hate the fact they were in largely mediocre movies.
My thoughts exactly. Wasted talent and time. Cavill is much better served in Witcher now than he was as Superman, despite being a near-perfect match for both the roles.

That being said, I'd be very interested to see a Batman Beyond movie with Affleck as old man Bruce. I think that's definitely possible. If not now, at some point in the future.
I would be interested in this as well. I find myself more into the DC animated films than the live action films. Batman: The Long Halloween comes to mind.

I did too. I was horrified by his casting initially, and the first trailer for Batman v. Superman put my mind at ease. I was very pleasantly surprised by his performance, physique and general portrayal of the character.

Unfortunately, while I was very pleased with both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck's Superman and Batman respectively, I hate the fact they were in largely mediocre movies. It's unfortunate we are unlikely to see them in films worthy of their portrayals. Neither one of them are young enough to portray these characters effectively for another ten plus years. Ben Affleck's casting was fantastic but they really needed to make Batman movies with him a good five to ten years earlier than they did.

Well, if Michael Keaton can still play Batman, I'm sure Affleck would be fine for at least 10 more years.

I would be interested in this as well. I find myself more into the DC animated films than the live action films. Batman: The Long Halloween comes to mind.

Its kind of weird that DC animated movies are far better than Marvel's but tables turn with live action.

Become a Patron!
Back