Logitech Launches New G502 X Gaming Mice, including Wireless RGB Model

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech has introduced new versions of one of its most popular gaming mice ever in the forms of the G502 X, G502 X Lightspeed, and G502 X Plus.

Go to post

Meh, Don't much care for these new ones.

If they bring back the G500 like they did the MX518, I'll be in for like 12. That ought to be a lifetime supply :p

G500 (and the G5 I had right before it) were my favorite mice. The size, shape and feel were pretty much identical between the two as I recall, but I always liked the aesthetics of the G500 a little bit better.

1662053882653.png

If I had known how the whole industry was going to go stupid, I would have bought a whole bunch of these back when they were being discontinued so I had a lifetime supply.

Luckily, at least Logitech re-launched the MX518, of which I now have 6, 3 in use (main rig, test rig and at work) and 3 in a box unopened "just in case".

The MX518's are great, but are a bit on the light side. I added 3oz (~85g) of that tungsten putty you can use to tune the weight of pine derby cars inside the case of them to weigh them down a little. At 186g I think they are perfect.

I have gone trough quite some logitech mice but in the current line up there is nothing that suits me, this 502 is the worst mouse they ever made.

currently using a glorious mouse, took a bit of time to get used to how light it is especially compared to that heavy *** corsair one I was using b4.

I have gone trough quite some logitech mice but in the current line up there is nothing that suits me, this 502 is the worst mouse they ever made.

currently using a glorious mouse, took a bit of time to get used to how light it is especially compared to that heavy *** corsair one I was using b4.

That's unfortunately the trend these days.

The "professionals" on YouTube and Twitch are telling all the kids they need to run extremely low sensitivity with ultralight mice and a mousepad the size of their desk, violently moving their arms if they want to be as good as "the pro's".

This gen of Gamers are going to have repetitive strain injuries by the time they are 35.

I prefer what I regard as medium sensitivity (a flick of the wrist from center of the mousepad to as far as I can reach either left or right results in 180 degrees of rotation in an FPS with my wrist staying firmly planted on the desk, and not moving one bit). I've heard the kids refer to this as "super high sensitivity" which makes me chuckle as I always though of myself as preferring lower sensitivity than the average person. How things have changed.

Part of their theory makes sense. Lower sensitivity makes it easier to aim, but at the same time, it fails to account for the fact that the fingers are the best part of your body for fine motor skills. Moving the whole arm is always going to be less precise.

And in comparison with the weight of an entire arm, a hundred grams of mouse here or there isn't going to make a significant difference. The mass of the total unit (mouse plus arm) is still going to be mostly unchanged percentage wise.

I find the greater weight helps me maintain tracking stability in my use though, because I don't even rest the weigfht of my hand on the mouse. Most of it rests on the desk and on the pad, so these modern lightweight mice are light and flimsy and tend to move with jerky and inconsistent movement.

Last edited:
Yea the new trend to superlight mice frustrates me. Don't these young gamers watch pron? Is wear if that is how weak their wrists are they will never satisfy their partners. ;)

Well, at least the G502 X looks better than the all the previous G502s. Definitely didn't care for how those looked. Don't like how they feel to hold either. The G502 X is not an upgrade for those with older G502s who already have the HERO 25K sensor. Although it might be an upgrade in terms of holding comfort.

G500 (and the G5 I had right before it) were my favorite mice. The size, shape and feel were pretty much identical between the two as I recall, but I always liked the aesthetics of the G500 a little bit better.
I'm not sure it is possible for me to agree with you more. Best-feeling and best-looking mice Logitech ever came up with. I had a G500s (my bro had the previous G500), loved it to death, but it crapped out on me, and was still under warranty. Logitech replaced it with a G502 Proteus Spectrum. Ugh. Then that one crapped out on me, and I happened upon a G502 Hero for like $28 so I grabbed that. My G5 v2 still works, it's my secondary mouse that I use on laptops and other machines. It's seen better days but overall still works fine. My brother's G500 that he's had forever finally crapped out on him within the last couple years. Logitech replaced it with a G502 Hero. Ugh.

One thing I will say is that the G502 series has had very good optical tracking, especially the HERO sensor.

If I had known how the whole industry was going to go stupid, I would have bought a whole bunch of these back when they were being discontinued so I had a lifetime supply.
Yeah man, same here, and I wish I had done the same with RatPadz too.

Luckily, at least Logitech re-launched the MX518, of which I now have 6, 3 in use (main rig, test rig and at work) and 3 in a box unopened "just in case".
I really should grab one of those new MX518s. I never had the original MX518, I had the MX510. Nice job grabbing 6, leaving 3 unopened as spares. That's a good plan man. I've done the same with other stuff like game controllers too. I bought spare surfaces for the fUnc Archetype 1030 mouse pad before that sh1t went off the market. I should really grab a bunch of these new MX518s.

Would be awesome if they decided to relaunch the G5 and/or G500.

This gen of Gamers are going to have repetitive strain injuries by the time they are 35.
Hahahahahaha yupz.

I've heard the kids refer to this as "super high sensitivity" which makes me chuckle as I always though of myself as preferring lower sensitivity than the average person. How things have changed.
Dude what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!?!?!! So weird to hear that referred to as "super high sensitivity"!

I have used quite a few Logitech mice myself. Loved the MX 500 and the MX 518. Never seen the need to get the new MX518 though. Using a G703 Lightspeed right now and it would be hard pressed for me to give this one up.

Become a Patron!
Back