VIVIFY Launches XENOS W35 Active Fiber Optic 8K HDMI Cable

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
VIVIFY has introduced the Xenos W35, a new active fiber optic cable that can deliver a high-quality 48 Gbps HDMI signal over long distances with support for up to 8K/60 Hz and 4K/120 Hz resolutions.

Go to post

The 50ft for $68 is a little pricey but tempting. I have been wanting to run an hdmi from my main rig to the living room TV. Game streaming apps are "OK" but not always the best. Also another $20ish for a 50 foot usb cable so I can hook up mouse/keyboard/gamepad. Hmmm.

The 50ft for $68 is a little pricey but tempting. I have been wanting to run an hdmi from my main rig to the living room TV. Game streaming apps are "OK" but not always the best. Also another $20ish for a 50 foot usb cable so I can hook up mouse/keyboard/gamepad. Hmmm.
Just get yourself a high bandwidth port and run a 50 ft powered fiber version of that to a port replicator then connect everything to that. Works well from what I've seen.

Am I the only one who reads the company name as "vilify"?

Just get yourself a high bandwidth port and run a 50 ft powered fiber version of that to a port replicator then connect everything to that. Works well from what I've seen.
Suggestions? I have seen cat 6 to hdmi options but I didn't know you could pipe them through a switch.... I thought it was just cat6 with hdmi adapters on each end, for long cable runs? also, define "high bandwidth port" please. I have wired gigabit from the office into the living room through a wall. If I was running additional cables, they would just follow that one. I actually have a ton of 10g cards and infinite multimode fibre from servers at work rotting in a box, but the 10g switches are stupidly expensive.

Suggestions? I have seen cat 6 to hdmi options but I didn't know you could pipe them through a switch.... I thought it was just cat6 with hdmi adapters on each end, for long cable runs? also, define "high bandwidth port" please. I have wired gigabit from the office into the living room through a wall. If I was running additional cables, they would just follow that one. I actually have a ton of 10g cards and infinite multimode fibre from servers at work rotting in a box, but the 10g switches are stupidly expensive.
Thunderbolt docking station and I believe fiber thunderbolt cables.

That isn't it... check out ltt videos on it. They have remote screens and perifrials running off of thunderbolt docking stations don't recall how.

I was wrong about being wrong.

https://www.corning.com/oem-solutio...ptical-cables/thunderbolt-optical-cables.html

Pair that with a thunderbolt docking station that has hdmi out... and walaa.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back