The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Is Prime Video’s Biggest Premiere Ever, with More than 25 Million Global Viewers on Its First Day

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power appears to be a hit for Amazon.

Go to post

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Define view. I'm sure they are hiding reviews on both prime and imdb because it is so good.

Also you remember that STD was also Paramount+ or whatever it was called then biggest premier and so successful, that Netflix couldn't get out of its deal with them fast enough.

The fact of the matter is, even if it is the worst disaster ever, they'd still be saying this. Now I'm sure a lot of people watched it, I watched the first episode and will eternally bear that scar as I wear the mental scarring caused by STD, but views do not translate to it being good. Success will be measured by how many people stay around for the end of the season, and even more by how many will watch sesaon 2. But I'm sure they won't be publishing viewer retention numbers.

Define view. I'm sure they are hiding reviews on both prime and imdb because it is so good.

Also you remember that STD was also Paramount+ or whatever it was called then biggest premier and so successful, that Netflix couldn't get out of its deal with them fast enough.

The fact of the matter is, even if it is the worst disaster ever, they'd still be saying this. Now I'm sure a lot of people watched it, I watched the first episode and will eternally bear that scar as I wear the mental scarring caused by STD, but views do not translate to it being good. Success will be measured by how many people stay around for the end of the season, and even more by how many will watch sesaon 2. But I'm sure they won't be publishing viewer retention numbers.
I guess I'm different. I'll give time for the story to be established before abandoning it in many cases. So far this is all exposition. If by the 4th episode the show hasn't started with actual story and still a series of stitched together vignettes I'll be out.

Become a Patron!
Back