Corsair Announces Ultra-Thin K100 AIR Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced a new mechanical keyboard called the K100 AIR. Described as "stunning" and "ultra-thin" by the company, it will be available for purchase beginning October 4.

Go to post

I get it for people that want that ultra clean appearance. But I'll take the never go's dead and is always connected if wired thank you. Things like Keyboards and mice are EXTREMELY painful when the battery dies. And the cords never bothered me anyway. ;)

For work use I'll use wireless all the way. But for personal use... corded.

IMHO this pretty much negates the entire point of having a mechanical keyboard, being stuck with those stupid thin keys with next to no key travel.

No thanks.

It's bad enough that I can't buy a laptop with a decent keyboard anymore, I'm not going to buy this garbage for my desktop

I want lots of resistance, lots of tactile click, lots of key travel, full "IBM Enhanced" layout, no RGB and wired, or no buy :p

IMHO this pretty much negates the entire point of having a mechanical keyboard, being stuck with those stupid thin keys with next to no key travel.

No thanks.

It's bad enough that I can't buy a laptop with a decent keyboard anymore, I'm not going to buy this garbage for my desktop

I want lots of resistance, lots of tactile click, lots of key travel, full "IBM Enhanced" layout, no RGB and wired, or no buy :p
This is why I run cherry MX Blue's. I LOVED those old IBM keyboards.

This is why I run cherry MX Blue's. I LOVED those old IBM keyboards.

I bought a previous gen Ducky One with green switches. They are clicky like the blues, but to my knowledge the heaviest of the Cherry style swotches. It's still no buckling spring, but it is - IMHO - the best of the cherries.

I'm a heavy typer though, so I love heavy switches. Still, with the Greens I bottom them out HARD when typing.

For the office where I don't want to bother others with my noisy typing, I got the same board but with clear switches. They are similarly heavy to the greens, but tactile only, no click. Much like the browns but much heavier. I then added o-rings to silence my heavy bottoming out.

Sad part is the Ducky One has been replaced with the "One 2" and there are no green or clear switches. In fact greens and clears have mostly disappeared in newer boards 😢

I still wish someone would make a modern industrial design model M or Model F switch keyboard, in a sleek black with double-shot caps and a mild backlight, re-engineered for NKRO and native USB. I'd but it on launch.

Become a Patron!
Back