Intel Shares Official Specifications for Arc A-Series Desktop GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has shared a new Q&A video about its Arc A-series desktop GPUs, and it includes a slide that can confirm four total SKUs, along with their specifications.

Go to post

I don't think anyone cares any more in the enthusiast arena.

I think it depends on where they are priced.

The A770 could have merit.

If it scales with cores and clock speed, it should be 4.2 times faster than the A380, which would place it somewhere between a 3070ti and a 3080, which isn't terrible for a first attempt at an arch.

Sell it for $500 and it will be a decent value, at least until next gen hits (which is soon) After that it will need to be cheaper.

It will mostly be competing with Nvidia's 40 series though, so it may just be getting to market too late.

Last edited:
It will mostly be competing with Nvidia's 40 series though, so it may just be getting to market too late.
Yup.

I think Intel was counting heavily on endless, unlimited sales to miners. That boom has busted, at least until the next cycle. Intel is about a year too late to the party.

Even if you ignore the upcoming GPU generation which is poised to drop any moment now, both AMD and nVidia are pushing heavily to clear current inventory of current gen products - prices are dropping (yay~!) and will probably continue to do so until inventory starts to clear.

It's probably the absolute worst time for Intel to be introducing a new product. Intel will have to get uncomfortably skinny on margin if they want people to look past the newness, the driver issues, the performance, etc. But, if I had to take a guess based on what Intel has done in the past - they will stick to their guns, overprice the product relative to the competition - market the bejesus out of Intel Inside, throw these things to every influencer on Twitch and Youtube that they can possibly convince to run one, and strongarm every OEM they can into carrying these on prebuilts -- and hope to god they make it out the other end and survive long enough to push Gen 2.

Doesn't matter what the specs are if they can't produce drivers that are worth a ****.

Doesn't matter what the specs are if they can't produce drivers that are worth a ****.

I haven't had any experience with their drivers for their discrete cards, but their iGPU drivers have always been good. Very stable and functional.

They were a little limited on the feature side, but that's largely because the hardware was rather limited. No need to throw a full on "gaming driver" at something that can't run games.

I presumed they would be adding more features to their discrete drivers. Is that not the case?

As far as drivers go, I hear a lot of people heaping praise on AMD's drivers these days. I'll agree, they are better than back in the Catalyst Control Center days, but honestly, I think they are trying to do too much. The drivers are quite bloated. I would much rather have something lighter weight.

IMHO, the Nvidia drivers hit the sweet spot, as long as you don't install GeForce Experience. They have all the settings, and none of the bloat.

I think it depends on where they are priced.

The A770 could have merit.

If it scales with cores and clock speed, it should be 4.2 times faster than the A380, which would place it somewhere between a 3070ti and a 3080, which isn't terrible for a first attempt at an arch.

Sell it for $500 and it will be a decent value, at least until next gen hits (which is soon) After that it will need to be cheaper.

Apparently the A770 runs between a RTX3060 and 3060Ti, maybe faster in some games.

Also the "mid-low end" 30 series should remain for a while, so technically ARC will be competing with ampere.

Apparently the A770 runs between a RTX3060 and 3060Ti, maybe faster in some games.

Also the "mid-low end" 30 series should remain for a while, so technically ARC will be competing with ampere.

Yeah, the "assuming linear scaling" bit is always a bit iffy, as it assumes ideal circumstances. I only use it when I have no other data. I have not seen any numbers for anything but the A380 Arc cards.

I haven't had any experience with their drivers for their discrete cards, but their iGPU drivers have always been good. Very stable and functional.

They were a little limited on the feature side, but that's largely because the hardware was rather limited. No need to throw a full on "gaming driver" at something that can't run games.

I presumed they would be adding more features to their discrete drivers. Is that not the case?

As far as drivers go, I hear a lot of people heaping praise on AMD's drivers these days. I'll agree, they are better than back in the Catalyst Control Center days, but honestly, I think they are trying to do too much. The drivers are quite bloated. I would much rather have something lighter weight.

IMHO, the Nvidia drivers hit the sweet spot, as long as you don't install GeForce Experience. They have all the settings, and none of the bloat.
GN has done a few videos on the A380 and A750 around the drivers. They're complete trash. Hopefully Intel will fix them.

Become a Patron!
Back