Comcast Begins Nationwide Rollout of Multi-Gig Internet Speeds, with 10G Launch Set for 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Comcast has announced that it has begun a nationwide rollout of multi-gig Internet speeds, one that will reach "more than 50 million homes and businesses before the end of 2025."

Go to post

I just upgraded to Gig for a business I do IT for. 1.25 Down 40 up lulz... 200 up coming in November.

And here I'm at with 200/10 (since my account is so old they dropped me to a lower than bottom tier). I had to have my wife subscribe as a "new subscriber" so that we can get 300/20...

**** this Multi-Gig internet for homes... You can't use it.. just MAKE IT AFFORDABLE for something usable instead of being raped for $120 for 200/10 as a long-standing customer..

Wish you could switch carriers Space_Ranger. I was on spectrum an went back to Frontier FIOS because it's so much better. And I was coming in here to make the joke.

10gig down and a FULL 100 megabit up! 5 times faster than ever before!

I'm sorry cable modem carriers. You want my money I get it, but you don't offer a competitive service when Fiber is in the area.

Some of us are stuck with cable, specifically Spectrum, as there are no other options. We're actually lucky that Spectrum ran cable out to our boonies in the country.

I was/am paying for their 400/20 service. Apparently, at some point, they increased that tier to 500/20, but my speed actually decreased. I used to get 420-430 down and 23-25 up, now I'm lucky to see 320-330 down and 19-21 up. I'm running a 32x8 docsis 3.1 modem that is capable of 1 gbps speeds, so it shouldn't be an issue. Oddly, our internet rarely ever goes out. So, at least it's consistently decent.

Funny thing is there is fiber that runs past the entrance to my neighborhood. They ran it about 2 years ago. No idea who's it is or what it's for. It would be nice if someone offered fiber where I live. I'd jump on it.

Become a Patron!
Back